News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Alphabet Soup -- HAF Photo Challenge Poll

Started by Recusant, November 09, 2017, 08:19:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

As usual, superb entries for this edition of the photo challenge! This is a larger field than I expected, which is great. Thank you to all who contributed photos.

Please PM me ASAP if I've missed any entries, or otherwise made a mistake in setting this poll.

Members may vote for up to five entries and can change their votes. Voting will close in two weeks.  :)

1. Dave

2. hermes2015

3. Lark

4. Guardian85

5. Tank

6. Father Bruno

7. xSilverPhinx

8. Recusant

9. Dave

10. hermes2015

11. Lark

12. Guardian85

13. Tank

14. Father Bruno

15. xSilverPhinx

16. Recusant

17. Dave

18. hermes2015

19. Lark

20. Guardian85

21. Tank

22. Father Bruno

23. xSilverPhinx

24. Recusant

25. Lark

26. Tank

27. Father Bruno

28. xSilverPhinx

29. Recusant
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

hermes2015

Thank you for your work on this, Recusant.  :boaterhat:

I did not expect to see so many entries for this one. It just shows how a difficult challenge can stimulate creativity.

Do we have records on the number of photos received in previous challenges?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

I can't stop looking at all these photographs. They're great. It was difficult voting for only five of them.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 10, 2017, 01:07:10 AM
OK, seriously want to know where #11 is.

And I want to know about 6. Looks a bit like one of the Ice Age "Venuses", especially the "Venus of Willendorf", or their drpiction of,the Gorgon.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 08:30:15 AM
And I want to know about 6. Looks a bit like one of the Ice Age "Venuses", especially the "Venus of Willendorf", or their drpiction of,the Gorgon.

Was it love at first sight, Dave?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 10, 2017, 08:50:05 AM
Quote from: Dave on November 10, 2017, 08:30:15 AM

Was it love at first sight, Dave?

Nope, I prefer my partners slim rather than globular! But I do have a casual interest in the possible symboligy of prehistoric art. And an appreciation of the beauty of it.

Biggus Dickus

Wow, we had 29 entries. I think that is one of the largest field of photographs we've ever had here at HAF for one of these challenges.

Some really nice entries, this was definitely a great idea for the challenge (Alphabet Soup that is)

Obviously #9 is Dave's, what with the picture of the half-naked men on the window ;D
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

hermes2015

Quote from: Father Bruno on November 14, 2017, 02:43:40 AM
Wow, we had 29 entries. I think that is one of the largest field of photographs we've ever had here at HAF for one of these challenges.

Some really nice entries, this was definitely a great idea for the challenge (Alphabet Soup that is)

Obviously #9 is Dave's, what with the picture of the half-naked men on the window ;D

I think you're right. Probably memorabilia from his pro wrestling days. I suspect he's the one on the extreme right.  :love:
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 14, 2017, 03:21:58 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on November 14, 2017, 02:43:40 AM

I think you're right. Probably memorabilia from his pro wrestling days. I suspect he's the one on the extreme right.  :love:

:f you:

joeactor

Good job everyone!

I like more than 5, that's for sure...

xSilverPhinx

xSilverPhinx

This feels a bit like watching one of these races: