News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Happy Birthday, Father Bruno!

Started by Magdalena, November 05, 2017, 07:01:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Ecurb Noselrub

Hope you have a celebration in the works.

Biggus Dickus

Thanks Firebird and Bruce! ;D

We always celebrate everyone's birthday in our family, and I'm not sure how others do it, but in my family we sort of group them together based on the time of year you were born.

We have a number of folks who were born in March, April and May in our family so my one sister always has a party around the end of April for us to celebrate what we refer to as the "Spring" birthday's.

I also have a young niece who is rather alone during mid-summer with her birthday right around the beginning of July, so my other sister always celebrates her birthday over the 4th of July weekend.

The next big group of birthday's are all in August, which for some reason is the one single month in my family when a lot of family members were born, to include my mother, both my sisters, an Aunt and two Uncles, a load of cousins, and my son.

So my wife and I always host a party near the end of August or around Labor Day for the August birthday people.

I'm all alone in November, so usually my birthday is lumped together with Thanksgiving. Which is fine with me, since everyone is usually home at that time to visit with family, which results with me usually getting a fair amount of gifts.

This year my daughter and son-in-law were visiting for a long weekend from out of town, and it just happened to fall on my birthday, so they said why not make it a birthday party for Bruno since we will all be together anyway, and I have to admit it was quite a fun and enjoyable weekend.

Probably one of the nicest birthday's I've spent in a long-time, with lots of family and friends...especially both of my kids.

Thanks again everyone.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."