News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Is Half Your Inspiration Dead Yet?

Started by Bad Penny II, November 01, 2017, 04:06:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

By that I mean your favourite popist, rocker, poet, painter, novelist, contortionist, I'm being suggestive not exclusionist.

Those not dead before you were alive.

I've still got Jagger and Keith and Neil and Bob

I've lost Bowie and Lou, Lennon and Grant McLennan Marley, Bolen, The Original Paul

Drake doesn't count unless you knew him alive

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

joeactor

Interesting question.

Although many of my inspirations from my youth have passed, I tend to find new inspiration all the time.

New bands, authors, even technology (if that can be counted as inspiration)

Sandra Craft

I think Tom Petty was the final nail in the coffin for me.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Snakefinger, Garcia, Cipollina, and many others are gone, but Fleck lives.  :)

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

:notsure:

Can't say I have contemporary inspirational figures in my life, and I didn't know it was a void that needed filling. :P 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Harmonie

No. The individual who inspired me to actually learn to play the oboe and got me back into music is very much alive. I mean, she's very close in age to me, so she better be!

Before her I'm not sure I really had anyone that inspired me.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

hermes2015

Quote from: Harmonie on November 02, 2017, 03:19:29 AM
No. The individual who inspired me to actually learn to play the oboe and got me back into music is very much alive. I mean, she's very close in age to me, so she better be!

Harmonie, I would like to know more about your oboe playing. Do you play in an orchestra?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Harmonie

Quote from: hermes2015 on November 02, 2017, 03:42:23 AM
Quote from: Harmonie on November 02, 2017, 03:19:29 AM

Harmonie, I would like to know more about your oboe playing. Do you play in an orchestra?

Nah, I'm in college right now, and my university does not have an orchestra. I play in the wind ensemble.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony