News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

What3words

Started by Dave, October 29, 2017, 12:34:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

"What3words" is a global addressing system where every 3 metre square on Earth has a three word address. The unique one for my home addess is:
nurse funny dream
(yeah, had a few of those!)

Type your address into the box. It works even in the middle of the Himalayas or Antarctica it seems, so long as you can obtain a signal and have the app or access to the Internet you can find yourself on a map, and so can others, anywhere in the world.

Search on "What3words map" for a quick look.

WARNING publishing your three word address means others can find your location if not your actual house number or name!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

:lol: I got a really weird one, but won't publish it. :P

My mother's school 3-word address is take minds revisit.

Um...okay... :shifty:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

hermes2015

Quote from: Dave on October 29, 2017, 12:34:25 PM
"What3words" is a global addressing system where every 3 metre square on Earth has a three word address. The unique one for my home addess is:
nurse funny dream

Type your address into the box. It works even in the middle of the Himalayas or Antarctica it seems, so long as you can obtain a signal and have the app or access to the Internet you can find yourself on a map, and so can others, anywhere in the world.

WARNING publishing your three word address means others can find your location if not your actual house number or name!

Ah ha! Now is see where you've been hiding.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on October 29, 2017, 03:20:35 PM
Quote from: Dave on October 29, 2017, 12:34:25 PM
nurse funny dream

Ah ha! Now is see where you've been hiding.

Well, you know I live near Gloucester anyway!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Reckon Triangle Fine.  I'll be expecting the ax murderer any day.  Perhaps I should make a cake.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Sandra Craft

How I loved the Kids in the Hall.  But I remember, when I first got online, everyone would say that if you put any kind of information about yourself on the web, even your nickname, the first thing you knew there'd be an ax murderer at your door to do you in.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant