News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Eleven Thousand is a Large Number

Started by Recusant, September 06, 2017, 04:50:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

I looked around and didn't see a thread about this. Our own superlative member and moderator xSilverPhinx recently passed the 11,000 post mark. Perhaps I missed the thread, in which case I'll just merge this one. In any event,

It would be difficult to overstate the value of your contributions to this site, xSilverPhinx. Thank you so much for all you do! Here's to the next 11,000.  :cheerleader: :cheers:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dragonia

Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

hermes2015

Wow, that number is too big for my little head.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

Holy Numerals Batman! 8) I didn't know Fernando was even close to eleventy thousand...it's like you look away for a second and bam! Milestone achieved!

Anyway congratulations xSP, you are certainly one of the MVP's here at HAF, and I've really enjoyed getting to know you, I wish you continued success at school and many thousands of more posts here at HAF (You're my favorite mod by the way, butt please don't tell the others this. You know how petty they be!)

11,000 is a big number though, I mean like...

I MEAN...

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

Quote from: Davin on September 06, 2017, 05:38:08 PM
Quote from: Dave on September 06, 2017, 05:32:15 PM
Quote from: Davin on September 06, 2017, 05:14:59 PM
http://i.imgur.com/pF6FWn2.gif

Er, which one is Silver then, Davin?

:couchhide:
What an odd question.

No, just a silly joke on what seemed, to me, like a strange choice of gif for the subject.

But then, true, FrB, I am in my dotage and out of touch with the streams of consciousness you youngsters experience.  :geezersay:

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Magdalena

Congratulations, xSilverPhinx! :frolic:

This place wouldn't be the same without you. You have many wonderful qualities and I admire every single one of them. Thank you for being there for me when I've needed a friend...(a female friend)...guys, please don't get all jealous...you know there are more men than women here. :eyeroll:

...Come here, xSilverPhinx, let me hug you...

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Dave

^
Silver is one of the special people.

Now, don't protest young lady, listen to your elders!  They know best, (well, when they have a quorum of brain cells awake!)

joeactor

Sandra Craft

Congratulations -- wish I could do the cool gifs, but I keep forgetting how.  Anyway . . .  :shooty:
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany