Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Ecurb the Protester

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 13, 2017, 01:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Arturo on August 14, 2017, 06:03:43 PM
"White Lives Matter"

There's nothing wrong with being white. Unless you're a bitch and have some Napoleon complex based around your race.

Are you kidding?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Asmodean

"White Lives Matter"

There's nothing wrong with being white. Unless you're a bitch and have some Napoleon complex based around your race.

Not even then, I'd say.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 14, 2017, 07:01:24 PM
"White Lives Matter"

Are you kidding?

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I don't see the analogy???
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Quote from: Asmodean on August 14, 2017, 07:02:32 PM
"White Lives Matter"

Not even then, I'd say.

In their mind there is something wrong. What if there is and I'm totally wrong? How would I know? The only way to know is to get them to talk about what's so wrong with being white. Since they are, afterall, poor white people who have it so hard. (almost want to mock them by going "boo hoo")

If there is in fact nothing wrong with being white, then they need to put up and shut up.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

It's being a bigotted arsehole that is wrong - the colour of that arsehole is irrelevant.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 14, 2017, 04:46:48 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 13, 2017, 01:42:04 AM
Just got back from a march in Mission, Texas (on the Mexican border in the Rio Grande Valley) against the Wall.  We ended up with about 500 people and had a great rally at the end.  Hardly anyone down there favors the Wall.  I posted pics on Facebook.  I'm pretty easy to find.

I think it's great you are standing up against something you feel so strong about, and I for one appreciate your efforts Bruce, not just for attending the march, but all of the other work you done in opposition to the wall.

I also understand completely what you mean as well when you say "You wouldn't forgive yourself if you did nothing". It's rather like voting, maybe one voice won't be missed, or even noticed, but following convictions of conscience is important for all of us.

My son attended a rally here in Dearborn yesterday evening in solidarity with those opposing what occurred in Charlottesville over the weekend, and when discussing it with him afterwards one of things he told me was how good it felt to actually get out and be heard...he said he felt more embolden now than he had before.

Anyway, at this point I don't think the wall will ever be built, but we shouldn't take any chances.

P.S. Should the thread subject be, "Ecurb the Retsetorp"? ;D

P.P.S. Don't put your marching boots away either Bruce as "The White Supremacist Idiots Are Planning a Rally in Texas Featuring Richard Spencer"!

QuoteAccording to the Texas Tribune, Spencer, the infamous white nationalist leader and fuckboi supreme, has brought major unrest to Texas A&M before, and now he is expected to be at College Station again for a "White Lives Matter Rally" hosted by Preston Wiginton, a Texan with ties to the white nationalist movement. The event is expected to take place Sept. 11.

Looks like the students at A&M have it under control.  They are going to form a "maroon wave" by linking hands to stop the Nazis.

Arturo

Quote from: Gloucester on August 14, 2017, 08:16:56 PM
It's being a bigotted arsehole that is wrong - the colour of that arsehole is irrelevant.
Exactly.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

Bruce, the regent Buzbee had the best idea yet.  He said something about ignoring them. Wouldn't it be a slick and effective ploy to have absolutely no one show up at the protagonist's rally?

The Aggies can link hands and all that but that is only challenging the crackpots to a fist fight.  Yes I know that Aggies are more than competent in fist fights but that is not the most effective put down.  Complete lack of interest and zero attendance at their rally would do more to belittle or intimidate the kooks than some form of physicality.

I am completely on the side of A&M people except during football season. On one weekend of the year, the Aggies are the enemy because I am a U of Fla alumnus. The damned Aggies have the BTHO gators chant. All we have is the silly ass Gator chomp.

jumbojak

Quote from: Icarus on August 14, 2017, 11:55:44 PM
Bruce, the regent Buzbee had the best idea yet.  He said something about ignoring them. Wouldn't it be a slick and effective ploy to have absolutely no one show up at the protagonist's rally?

The Aggies can link hands and all that but that is only challenging the crackpots to a fist fight.  Yes I know that Aggies are more than competent in fist fights but that is not the most effective put down. 

You're right that a fistfight wouldn't be the most effective way. Baseball bats, crowbars, and brass knuckles would send a much clearer message. It wouldn't make much of a difference to the more hardened members but the younger crowd might think twice after spending some time in the hospital.

Just musing on my part but when attempting to deal with a group of people who are perfectly willing - eager even - to use violence to achieve their goals, a few cracked skulls and broken ribs would go a long way towards keeping them away from Texas A&M... or any other university for that matter.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Asmodean

Quote from: Arturo on August 14, 2017, 11:47:32 PM
Exactly.
Yes. If the color of said asshole matters to them, well... Fuck 'em!

Personally, I don't give my color a second thought unless it starts changing in potentially medically relevant ways. I don't give your color a second thought either - unless it's like... Blue or... Green or something. Then, an Asmo might get mildly curious, but He'll be over it the second He turns the other way.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 14, 2017, 11:55:44 PM

The Aggies can link hands and all that but that is only challenging the crackpots to a fist fight.  Yes I know that Aggies are more than competent in fist fights but that is not the most effective put down.  Complete lack of interest and zero attendance at their rally would do more to belittle or intimidate the kooks than some form of physicality.

I am completely on the side of A&M people except during football season. On one weekend of the year, the Aggies are the enemy because I am a U of Fla alumnus. The damned Aggies have the BTHO gators chant. All we have is the silly ass Gator chomp.

Showing contempt by ignoring sounds good but, if it goes wrong could be a dodgy tactic. Depends a lot on the licality and its ethnic climate. Maybe better to arrange a "festival of friendship" close, but definitely not too close, to the demo. Then, if the "baddies" attack, in any way, they are more guilty by "reaction" than the "friendlies" will be by "provocation". But don't make it a religious festival and potentially exclude us "friendly but godless" types!

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on August 15, 2017, 06:50:35 AM
Quote from: Arturo on August 14, 2017, 11:47:32 PM
Exactly.
Yes. If the color of said asshole matters to them, well... Fuck 'em!

Personally, I don't give my color a second thought unless it starts changing in potentially medically relevant ways.
But what really matters is another person's colour and your feelings towards that.

Asmodean

Yes. Thus, I edited that into my post while you were responding.  ;)
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

It's weird to me that I don't hear anything about Mexicans or Latinos in the news. I hear about Black Lives Matter or the White Supremacists and the things they're doing, but I don't hear about any Latino Groups doing things for the Latino communities. In fact, I've never heard of anything for them. The same goes for Asians. I hear about gangs in the States and the Cartels in Mexico but that's it. Even now I hear nothing from Latino people in the States, which is odd to me because of the racial climate and the President being especially racist towards us. Really makes you think.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Arturo on August 15, 2017, 03:42:35 PM
It's weird to me that I don't hear anything about Mexicans or Latinos in the news. I hear about Black Lives Matter or the White Supremacists and the things they're doing, but I don't hear about any Latino Groups doing things for the Latino communities. In fact, I've never heard of anything for them. The same goes for Asians. I hear about gangs in the States and the Cartels in Mexico but that's it. Even now I hear nothing from Latino people in the States, which is odd to me because of the racial climate and the President being especially racist towards us. Really makes you think.

They are raising their voices in South Texas.  I was witness to that personally.  But they were such nice people there wasn't much sexy news coming from it.  The most important thing Latinos can do is vote.  They are underrepresented at the ballot box.