News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Ecurb the Protester

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, August 13, 2017, 01:42:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ecurb Noselrub

Just got back from a march in Mission, Texas (on the Mexican border in the Rio Grande Valley) against the Wall.  We ended up with about 500 people and had a great rally at the end.  Hardly anyone down there favors the Wall.  I posted pics on Facebook.  I'm pretty easy to find.

jumbojak

Ah, I remember those days. Can't be bothered anymore to get out but you might just be successful.

"Amazing what chimney sweeping can teach us, no? Keep your fire hot and
your flue clean."  - Ecurb Noselrub

"I'd be incensed by your impudence were I not so impressed by your memory." - Siz

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 13, 2017, 01:42:04 AM
Just got back from a march in Mission, Texas (on the Mexican border in the Rio Grande Valley) against the Wall.  We ended up with about 500 people and had a great rally at the end.  Hardly anyone down there favors the Wall.  I posted pics on Facebook.  I'm pretty easy to find.
That's great.  :clapping:
Thank you for doing that.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Tom62

You are doing a fine job, Bruce.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

It was actually fun.  The folks I met were really great people.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 13, 2017, 12:18:27 PM

Ah, well, the sensible, rational ones usually are!

Hope the demo and rally got media cover.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Gloucester on August 13, 2017, 01:07:03 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 13, 2017, 12:18:27 PM

Ah, well, the sensible, rational ones usually are!

Hope the demo and rally got media cover.

It did - it was in the Austin paper, as well as Rio Grande Valley papers.  Of course, nobody got killed so it didn't make the national news.

Ecurb Noselrub

I posted my pics on Facebook, and most of the responses were positive.  But one guy I don't even know told me I was Anti-American and that I should move to a country I support. Interesting that someone can look at some of the results of 1 day of my almost 65 years and conclude that I'm Anti-American and don't support my country.  I wonder where all those hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes that I've paid went?

Icarus

Bruce, the gathering at Mission Texas did make the national news. My morning paper had a 40 column inch article about the good effort there.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 13, 2017, 11:46:46 PM
I posted my pics on Facebook, and most of the responses were positive.  But one guy I don't even know told me I was Anti-American and that I should move to a country I support. Interesting that someone can look at some of the results of 1 day of my almost 65 years and conclude that I'm Anti-American and don't support my country.  I wonder where all those hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes that I've paid went?

Hopefully not towards attempting to educate dunces like that, otherwise it would be truly wasted.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on August 14, 2017, 12:21:20 AM
Bruce, the gathering at Mission Texas did make the national news. My morning paper had a 40 column inch article about the good effort there.

Nice.  Thanks for letting me know.

Asmodean

Yeah, well... I take my lessons from that whole Arab Spring fiasco. Also that Occupy Wall Street thing, which degenerated into an SJW hell before anything real could be accomplished.

Still, if you think it matters, why not..?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Asmodean on August 14, 2017, 01:33:48 PM
Yeah, well... I take my lessons from that whole Arab Spring fiasco. Also that Occupy Wall Street thing, which degenerated into an SJW hell before anything real could be accomplished.

Still, if you think it matters, why not..?

Yes, I realize it's a long-shot.  But if I do nothing I'll never forgive myself.  Besides, like the lottery, you can't win if you don't play.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on August 13, 2017, 01:42:04 AM

I think it's great you are standing up against something you feel so strong about, and I for one appreciate your efforts Bruce, not just for attending the march, but all of the other work you done in opposition to the wall.

I also understand completely what you mean as well when you say "You wouldn't forgive yourself if you did nothing". It's rather like voting, maybe one voice won't be missed, or even noticed, but following convictions of conscience is important for all of us.

My son attended a rally here in Dearborn yesterday evening in solidarity with those opposing what occurred in Charlottesville over the weekend, and when discussing it with him afterwards one of things he told me was how good it felt to actually get out and be heard...he said he felt more embolden now than he had before.

Anyway, at this point I don't think the wall will ever be built, but we shouldn't take any chances.

P.S. Should the thread subject be, "Ecurb the Retsetorp"? ;D

P.P.S. Don't put your marching boots away either Bruce as "The White Supremacist Idiots Are Planning a Rally in Texas Featuring Richard Spencer"!

QuoteAccording to the Texas Tribune, Spencer, the infamous white nationalist leader and fuckboi supreme, has brought major unrest to Texas A&M before, and now he is expected to be at College Station again for a "White Lives Matter Rally" hosted by Preston Wiginton, a Texan with ties to the white nationalist movement. The event is expected to take place Sept. 11.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

"White Lives Matter"

There's nothing wrong with being white. Unless you're a bitch and have some Napoleon complex based around your race.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱