News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Pretty Lame Test On Feminism

Started by Recusant, July 07, 2017, 05:41:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

I think several of the questions in this test are very poorly written, and it fits right in amongst the general category "junk quiz." May be fun (or provocative) to discuss, though. According to the results, I'm most strongly a "Liberal Feminist," secondarily a "Marxist Feminist," while the other three categories ("Traditionalist," "Radical Feminist," and "Cultural Feminist") are about equal; markedly lower than first two mentioned. May post an image of my results later.

Feminism Test (5 Scale)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

This is how I scored:

Traditionalist 17%
Liberal Feminist 80%
Radical Feminist 61%
Marxist Feminist 80%
Cultural Feminist 57%
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Davin

Huh.

I wouldn't think that about me.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Claireliontamer

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Anything with a negative association is next to the word "feminism" and then nestled snugly in it's happy place is "traditionalist". Very suspicious.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

I don't see how "liberal"or "cultural" are negative terms. I can see how "Marxist" can be, and how "radical" is.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Arturo

Quote from: Davin on July 07, 2017, 08:17:02 PM
I don't see how "liberal"or "cultural" are negative terms. I can see how "Marxist" can be, and how "radical" is.

If you're alt-right they are. I assume from Recusant's OP that the alt-right is the intended audience.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

I don't have much interest in seeing things from their perspective when I don't have to.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

I think the only thing that came true about that was become lesbians...
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Quote from: Arturo on July 07, 2017, 08:18:30 PM
Quote from: Davin on July 07, 2017, 08:17:02 PM

If you're alt-right they are. I assume from Recusant's OP that the alt-right is the intended audience.

Hmm, I don't think that it is. The quiz's description of 'traditionalism' is not particularly sympathetic.

QuoteTraditionalism refers to illiberal strands of philosophy which seek to preserve what they see as the "natural" and "traditional" order of things. In the past, this standpoint was chiefly represented by early 20th century thinkers such as Julius Evola and Rene Guenon. After a hiatus following World War II, Traditionalism has resurfaced as a new type of "conservatism to the right of mainstream conservatism." It is chiefly popular among younger voters who are skeptical of the liberal enlightenment principles that mainstream conservatives accept, uniting instead behind national pride, a critical stance towards feminism and Islam, and resistance to globalism.

Evola was a fascist, and Guenon, while definitely not a fascist, was opposed to democracy and the Enlightenment.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Guardian85

I got 72% "Liberal Feminist", which according to their definition I wouldn't call feminism. What they label as liberal feminism would be more aptly labeled "meritocratic liberalism", or something to that effect.
The radicals and marxist types have also given me a lot of negative assosiations to the term feminist, to the point that I refuse to be labeled as one.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

NoHandlebarsAttached

Too long, got bored, didn't finish.