News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I knew it, I just knew it!

Started by Dave, June 27, 2017, 09:11:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Why The Seemingly Messy Ones May Be More Intelligent

New Research: Messy Desk is a Sign of Intelligence and Creativity

The Psychology Behind Messy Rooms: Why The Most Creative People Flourish In Clutter

And lots more!

I was untidy as a kid, until a project got under way. 12 years in the RAF never cured me of this trait so I decided it was genetic and not worth eorrying about. I have net anal people with high IQs, but they are mostly super methodical, rarely creative in the "lateral thinking" sense. That trait has its uses and often solves existing problems, but rarely, in my experience, creates new ideas or products.

So, here's to untidiness!  :cheers:
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Claireliontamer

Hmmmph. I don't like this research. Fake news!

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I was really tidy as a child. I had a reason for everything. Even moving my stuff had a purpose lol

Then my Dad met my step mom and somewhere between then and now I ended up really messy. Although probably cleaner than some others.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

I call bullshit on the first two articles and horseshit on the other one.  Those are feeble excuses for disorganization and slovenly behavior. 

A sloppy workshop is a certified time waste mechanism.  Your tools are scattered here and yon and you need a 14 mm socket but you can not find it for several minutes in the messy environment. If the place is tidy you can put your hand on that wrench in two seconds. Same deal for any other tool or part for  the project being worked on. I ought to know...and I do. My desk obeys pretty much the same rules. I may have a stack of papers but the stack has some sense of organization so that I can find that receipt or note that I need.  Messy people may be more creative but only to the extent that they can create more chaotic surroundings in  a shorter length of time.

My wife, bless her heart, is a mental case. Her office is constantly in a state of confusion such that she can not find her ass with either hand. She calls me often to help her find some important item or document. On the other hand she is absolutely fastidious about her person. Her clothing, make up, hair, and nails are consistently near perfect. go figure.

Elaine is an E Bay power seller who ships many packages every day. To her credit, she does keep her substantial inventory of soaps, candles, and cosmetics pretty well sorted most of the time. When it gets messy she can not find an item that someone has ordered and then she panics because she is committed to shipping orders promptly. Gotta' find that item right now. " Gene,  Help me find the Bath And Body Works lighthouse wallflower (or whatever)....I have to ship it today for sure......" Messy does not get it.  P.S.  Ladies if you are interested in Bath and Body works or Yankee Candle stuff.......Look for the e-bay seller named Radarsam.

Dave

Actually you have raised a good point, Icarus. I would not say that my work area is exactly tidy but everything I use regularly has its place (I have limited available wall space so stuff has to sit in boxes, but there is a box or shelf or other place for everything.)

But it would look like a tip to my friend who prefers everything shut in cupboards and drawers. My living area is similsr but there might be three or four sets of project matetials littering every horizontal surface. No-where to put them away whilst waiting for bits, ideas or time. In a second story bed sitter even the packing etc, is on display, waiting to be dumped or recycled, 'cos I have no bin area outside.

But I an not naturally inclined to worry about having to navigate piles of stuff or put things away every time I stop using them for a few hours. I know where they are if I need them.

It's a sort of ordered untidyness combined with diverted or occupied attention with the occasional collapse into lazyness! If its thinking time doing has to wait, the stuff will be there tomorrow or next week, the thought might not be.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on June 27, 2017, 09:11:26 PM
I have net anal people with high IQs...

How does one "net anal people with high IQs", sounds like it could be an interesting sport. :grin:

:P

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2017, 02:54:23 AM

How does one "net anal people with high IQs", sounds like it could be an interesting sport. :grin:

I'd like to volunteer to be the netter lol
     Arturo The1  リ壱

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Arturo on June 28, 2017, 02:55:14 AM

Only if your netting technique is flawless. :P We don't want those anal people running away...

(I'm just poking some fun, your typos are the best, Gloucester!  :hug: )
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Oh wait until you see my netting...
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on June 28, 2017, 03:02:41 AM
Quote from: Arturo on June 28, 2017, 02:55:14 AM

Only if your netting technique is flawless. :P We don't want those anal people running away...

(I'm just poking some fun, your typos are the best, Gloucester!  :hug: )

I know, I know - but why is it always the embarrassing ones that slip through my editting net? No, they are just the ones that get noticed...
:redface:

I actually watch my finger and am sure I hit the right on-screen-key but, no, missed again.

Tom62

People who are organized are just too lazy to look for things!  :) :)
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on June 28, 2017, 06:03:17 AM

Like your thinking there, Tom!
:thumbsup:

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on June 28, 2017, 09:34:56 AM
Quote from: Tom62 on June 28, 2017, 06:03:17 AM

Like your thinking there, Tom!
:thumbsup:

I'll second that, nice one Tom! 8)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

No one

xSilverPhinx:
How does one "net anal people with high IQs", sounds like it could be an interesting sport.

But, possibly a back door entrance to a real shitty experience.