The Rant and Moan Thread (state if serious responses only required please)

Started by Dave, June 25, 2017, 11:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Manny Pacquiao vs Jeff "No Name" Horn

Manny Beats him hard in the 9th round leaving his face cut to shreds. Horn is doing every dirty trick in the book and trying to keep away from Manny.

At the end of 12 rounds, the winner by unanimous decision.....
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

I suppose I will post a lot in this thread but this has me more concerened than anything.

As I've stated previously, I have a psychotic illness and I go to a support/recovery forum surrounding that. One member suggested that when looking to tell a date they are mentally ill they should tell them "I am psychotic but not in a dangerous way" and then to make crazy faces. I told the person this is a good way to scare someone away to which they replied that at least it will make a good memory.

Now I didn't tell them this but I have personal stake in this because a psychotic person did a similar thing to me before I was diagnosed. But they did it to coerce me into putting my hand down their shirt or they would make the crazy faces. She called it "going crazy" when she decided to do it.

I believe I brought this up before in a thread elsewhere on here but it bothers me that people would do this to others. I'm not a fan of being forced to do things and it just scares me that this goes on in real life. I kinda want to do something about it but I just don't know what.

Any responses will be appreciated.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Since we seem to have lost "Dear Mr Tesco..." I'll dump this here.

After another frustrating trip to Tesco I decided to fill in their survey. Here are some of my comments when asked to expand on my given score:

Or I would have done if the survey link had not timed out in the few minutes it took to start this post!

FucketyfucketyfuckingTesco! There was some good sarcasm wasted there!

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Got a different survey question selection on second attempt, must have answered questions slightly differently. Did not get the opportunity to reply "in general" and say that Tesco might have difficulty running a jumble sale, despite paying tellephone number salaries to its executives. Still, it exists to make money for shareholders, not give the public perfect service. Nor that they should sack all their store designers and marketting psychologists and start listening to their customers. Still, the masses flock there so I suppose they keep it just above the annoyance tolerance level. I know of five people willing to drive five times the distance and pay more at Sainsburys, or even further to Asda, rather than shop on Tesco. But they are twice a month family shoppers not twice a weekers like me. Can't store much in my little hovel.

QuoteI would not recommend Tesco to a friend because of the following factors:
1. Tesco are frequently out of stock
2. Tesco are constantly moving stuff around.
3. Tesco's idea of product aisle and shelf signage leaves a very great deal to be desired.
4. Picking trolleys and their staff are too often blocking aisles.
5. Staff often stop to talk in inconvenient places, like blocking the corners of aisles.
6. Staff often rush about without giving customers the right of way.

I did not enjoy my visit and would like Tesco to:
1. Stop moving stuff around.
2. Improve signage.
3. Improve stock control.
4. Ensure that all staff remain aware of customers needs even when not directly interacting with them.

I left my email address but, with 25 years experience of fruitless complaining to the store and head office I don't expect much joy.

Tank

Quote from: Dave on March 08, 2018, 01:50:43 PM
Got a different survey question selection on second attempt, must have answered questions slightly differently. Did not get the opportunity to reply "in general" and say that Tesco might have difficulty running a jumble sale, despite paying tellephone number salaries to its executives. Still, it exists to make money for shareholders, not give the public perfect service. Nor that they should sack all their store designers and marketting psychologists and start listening to their customers. Still, the masses flock there so I suppose they keep it just above the annoyance tolerance level. I know of five people willing to drive five times the distance and pay more at Sainsburys, or even further to Asda, rather than shop on Tesco. But they are twice a month family shoppers not twice a weekers like me. Can't store much in my little hovel.

3. Tesco's idea of product aisle and shelf signage leaves a very great deal to be desired.
5. Staff often stop to talk in inconvenient places, like blocking the corners of aisles.

2. Improve signage.
4. Ensure that all staff remain aware of customers needs even when not directly interacting with them.

I left my email address but, with 25 years experience of fruitless complaining to the store and head office I don't expect much joy.

That's got to be one of the best 1st world rants I have ever read.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Tank on March 08, 2018, 04:58:04 PM
Quote from: Dave on March 08, 2018, 01:50:43 PM

2. Improve signage.

That's got to be one of the best 1st world rants I have ever read.

"The Thinking Atheist" (a forum that has a lot of aggressive members in it, often more aggression than thinking) has a thread called "My latest 1st world bitch" or similar. But yes, at least I can go out and buy 95% percent of the stuff I want (of which about 30-50% is not essential for a healthy life) and have the means to transport, store and prepare it.

But I still tend to bitch when that 5% is not available when I want it.

Dave

Well, a nice Australian lady at Tesco phoned me (hmm, I only gave my email in the survey - but I do have previous and have a loyalty card), listened to my more moderated (with jokes) rant and promised to do what she could. She will be contacting the local duty manager about tge matters concerning staff behaviour (this is about the fifth time in 20 years, fast turnover in staff at our store)  and will be passing other matters up the chain.

It occured to me, and I made it a point during the call, that putting vitamin D on the bottom shelf is not good for those liable to need it the most - the elderly. I can bend with no problem but I know several, younger than I, who might have difficulties.

I also told her of the well dressed elderly lady who threw her basket to the floor, shouted, "I hate this fucking place!" and walked out. Though I used "effing" of course

I will not hold my breath waiting for improvements.

I will not say that the local Sainsbury's is shopping heaven but the get my consistent 9/10 to Tescos 6/10 (on a good day).

Essie Mae

I take Tank's  point that it's a first world issue and this does make me feel guilty about complaining, but we have to keep the pressure up because they will do the least possible for the customer that they need to in order for the money to keep coming in for their shareholders. Well done Dave for actually persevering until you spoke to someone voice to voice.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare