News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Just gonna leave this here

Started by Arturo, June 11, 2017, 04:31:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on June 11, 2017, 04:31:12 PM
https://www.cardsagainsthumanity.com/lab/

Sorry, Arturo, is it meant to be an unfunny, pointless waste of time?

Just don't get the point (assuming there is one in the first place.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

OldGit

hermes2015

I looked at it. Way too subtle for my old brain.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: OldGit on June 11, 2017, 07:10:06 PM
WTF?

Quite, ol' boy.

Perhaps some sort of strange American thing?

Tom62

Weird. Must indeed be something that only Mericans understand.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

xSilverPhinx

I don't get it either. Looks like some sort of game. :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

It's a fairly popular card game.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on June 12, 2017, 03:12:28 PM
It's a fairly popular card game.

Er, "in America"? :)

Could not even work out a rule system.

Davin

Well, it's a group game. That link is just one part of the game.

----

1) So for one round, one person is the judge and picks up and lays down the black card that has a blank in it.

2) Then the other players play a white card face down to fill in that blank.

3) Then the judge mixes up all the white cards, and then reads the black card while filling in the space with each white card.

4) The judges chooses the one they think is the funniest. The player who that card belongs to gets a point.

5) The next person becomes a judge.

First to seven wins.

----

So that link is like playing only the 2nd step. I think it's a fun and hilarious game.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Claireliontamer

It is popular in the UK too.  I've never actually played it but have definitely heard about it.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on June 12, 2017, 04:45:26 PM
Well, it's a group game. That link is just one part of the game.

----

1) So for one round, one person is the judge and picks up and lays down the black card that has a blank in it.

2) Then the other players play a white card face down to fill in that blank.

3) Then the judge mixes up all the white cards, and then reads the black card while filling in the space with each white card.

4) The judges chooses the one they think is the funniest. The player who that card belongs to gets a point.

5) The next person becomes a judge.

First to seven wins.

----

So that link is like playing only the 2nd step. I think it's a fun and hilarious game.

Ah, in its proper context, yeah, I can see its attractions (especially when on the outside of a suitable volume of alcohol). As it is as peesented it was a bit of a puzzle.

Arturo

Sorry, I forgot to ask if anybody knew the game.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

OldGit

From the Daily Mash:

A COMMITTED atheist who has blocked his friend's toilet has called upon the mercy of the Lord, he has admitted.
Joe Turner caused the blockage the day after enjoying a huge roast washed down with loads of red wine, and having exhausted all practical options has turned to the spiritual world.
He said: "Please, oh Lord, if you're really there send me a miracle. Or at least something long and pokey like a barbecue fork.
"Ben can't find out the truth about what happened here. He cannot know the foul deeds I perform in his bathroom. Help me in my hour of need.
"Reveal yourself to me, your humble servant, and I swear I will spread your teachings like St Paul after his conversion. Oh God, he's coming up the stairs. Lord. Please."
God said: "I appreciate the sentiment. But it's never going to make an inspiring parable, is it?"

Firebird

I've played it too. It's fun if you don't take it too seriously, but definitely not for everyone.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"