News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Happy Birthday, Velma!!!

Started by Magdalena, June 07, 2017, 06:06:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Have a wonderful birthday, Velma, and have fun watching the Solar eclipse of August 21, 2017 with your new telescope.  :frolic:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

joeactor

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Davin

Hippy birthday!!!

Oh... "HAPPY"...

Then, Happy birthday!!!

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Happy New Orbit Day!!!
Again!!!
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Velma

Thank you, all!

I had a very nice day. We went out to eat breakfast (well, breakfast for me, lunch for my husband). I had cinnamon pancakes and bacon. Next we went to the St. Louis Science Center to see the King Tut exhibit. Then supper out at one of my favorite restaurants. No birthday cake. I had strawberry pie instead.  ;D
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

hermes2015

Quote from: Velma on June 08, 2017, 02:41:20 AM
Thank you, all!

I had a very nice day. We went out to eat breakfast (well, breakfast for me, lunch for my husband). I had cinnamon pancakes and bacon. Next we went to the St. Louis Science Center to see the King Tut exhibit. Then supper out at one of my favorite restaurants. No birthday cake. I had strawberry pie instead.  ;D
That is so good to hear. These are the times one looks back on as the good ones; just the nice times with loved ones. Sometimes, when I am just sitting in a sunny spot drinking a good cappuccino and feeling unstressed, I know that I will remember those moments with gratitude.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Velma on June 08, 2017, 02:41:20 AM
No birthday cake. I had strawberry pie instead.  ;D

Excellent!  Happy Birthday, with pie!
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

OldGit

Happy Birthday, Velma!  Sorry I'm late with this; glad you had a nice day! :)

Recusant

Many happy returns, Velma!   :dance:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Belated happy birthday Velma, and it sounds like you had an enjoyable day with your hubby ;D

...pie is always better than cake, always,... and Strawberry Pie sounds delicious! 8)
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Claireliontamer