News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Rows, rose, roe, rho photochallenge

Started by Tank, April 23, 2017, 07:36:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Arturo on April 26, 2017, 06:35:04 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 26, 2017, 05:20:46 AM
Why not?  It is a row of sardines.

Well, it is a pretty can -- drawings of birds, fish, nice shades of green . . .
Sandy

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 26, 2017, 05:18:02 PM
Quote from: Arturo on April 26, 2017, 06:35:04 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 26, 2017, 05:20:46 AM
Why not?  It is a row of sardines.

Well, it is a pretty can -- drawings of birds, fish, nice shades of green . . .

I do wonder if the sardines themselves are any good, certainly not a brand I've ate before...but the cans look nice.

Tank

"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Tank

And the winner is:-

Number 3

By Recusant!!!

He got 2nd too!!!

Congratulations!

Biggus Dickus

Congratulations Recusant very well done! I voted for both of these, and simply love your picture of the ruins, you took that from almost the perfect angle the way the arches diminish over the doorway in the background.

The art ware in the 2nd one reminds of a local artist here in Michigan, and we actually own a couple pieces, and I would share, but they are put away for the moment (Out of season, glass pumpkins with long, twirly stems and vines.

Anyway I liked all of the pictures, and would say this was one of the more interesting of the photo challenges here at HAF, good job picking out the challenge topic Tank, and well done to all who submitted pictures.

8)

Tank

I was a bit worried that nobody would take the challenge! It did turn out to get some good entries.

Where were the arches Recusant?

Dave

Yes, good one Recusant! Lots of old ruins round here of course - should have thought of those.

Loved the red rose as well, Tank.

Now, at last, Arturo's vibrant query about the sardines can be answered! Tut, no-one over there reading minor American literary classics? I will let the Wiki tell all . . .

QuoteCannery Row is a novel by American author John Steinbeck, published in 1945. It is set during the Great Depression in Monterey, California, on a street lined with sardine canneries that is known as Cannery Row. The story revolves around the people living there: Lee Chong, the local grocer; Doc, a marine biologist; and Mack, the leader of a group of derelicts.

The tombstones are, of course, "Death Row" and pictures of a couple having a shouting match (in the centre of town), in a line, are a "Row row".
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Gloucester on April 30, 2017, 08:32:35 PM
Tut, no-one over there reading minor American literary classics? I will let the Wiki tell all . . .

QuoteCannery Row is a novel by American author John Steinbeck, published in 1945. It is set during the Great Depression in Monterey, California, on a street lined with sardine canneries that is known as Cannery Row. The story revolves around the people living there: Lee Chong, the local grocer; Doc, a marine biologist; and Mack, the leader of a group of derelicts.

Way too intellectual for me, esp. first thing in the morning.

Quote. . .  and pictures of a couple having a shouting match (in the centre of town), in a line, are a "Row row".

I loved that.
Sandy

Sandra Craft

Father Bruno, what on Earth is #7?  I know it's not googly eyes, but what the hell?
Sandy