News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

SOCIAL MEDIA POLL

Started by Biggus Dickus, April 04, 2017, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

I've become a bit of a Facebook addict. I don't have to mind my Ps & Qs there in the way I do here. And if some psychopathic lunatic theist fundamentalists rocks up I can just block them. I'm also enjoying getting to know a whole bunch of people way out of my comfort zone in the shape of loads of bouncy friendly Nigerians.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

hermes2015

Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2017, 08:07:58 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2017, 06:20:07 PM
Could our own Happy Atheist Forum not qualify as a Social Medium?
It does. And by definition we all use it :grin:

In that case I am happy that there isn't a choice "I never use any Social Media".

That would lead to a self-referential paradox that could destroy our universe.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2017, 08:50:39 PM
Quote from: Tank on April 04, 2017, 08:07:58 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2017, 06:20:07 PM
Could our own Happy Atheist Forum not qualify as a Social Medium?
It does. And by definition we all use it :grin:

In that case I am happy that there isn't a choice "I never use any Social Media".

That would lead to a self-referential paradox that could destroy our universe.
I shall sleep peacefully knowing that.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett

Dragonia

I really can't stand Facebook, although I do check it a couple times a week.  And the only reason I got an account with imgur was to post pictures to this forum. I'm kind of anti-social as far as media goes. I would so much rather see a person's face if I'm gonna talk to them. And I'm not the kind to post my success or happy stuff on Facebook for everyone to Like and comment on. I don't really care if I'm not in the center of people's thoughts every day.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Sandra Craft

I joined FB because most of my family and all of my friends were on it and, since we're a widely spread bunch, it's easiest to keep up with them this way.  Tho I also still write letters, just because.

I used Flickr as well, but they seemed to have changed the way they do things and I can't post my pictures from Flickr to here anymore.  I'm going to have to look into Imgur.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Harmonie

I have a lot of those, but of them I mostly use Facebook. FB is where all of my friends are.

I don't understand SnapChat or Instagram.  I don't much care for Twitter because although there are people I like on there, the format is just awful. I don't feel like I can have conversations with people because the character limit is atrocious.

I miss blog social media. Xanga and Live Journal were where its at. None of this status update character limit nonsense, instead actual entries that give you an insight into how your friends are doing.

Icon Image by Cherubunny on Tumblr
"I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them to do because I notice it always coincides with their own desires." - Susan B. Anthony

Tank

Quote from: Harmonie on April 06, 2017, 12:31:51 AM
I have a lot of those, but of them I mostly use Facebook. FB is where all of my friends are.

I don't understand SnapChat or Instagram.  I don't much care for Twitter because although there are people I like on there, the format is just awful. I don't feel like I can have conversations with people because the character limit is atrocious.

I miss blog social media. Xanga and Live Journal were where its at. None of this status update character limit nonsense, instead actual entries that give you an insight into how your friends are doing.

I lasted 3 days on Twitter. All I wanted was to be able to follow a few people but I had no control over the landslide of rubbish coming in.

OldGit

I look at FB and do 'likes' and the odd comment, but I rarely post.

Ecurb Noselrub

I only do FB for my Stop the Wall activities.

Recusant

I've been using Imgur lately because tinypic has been having technical difficulties. I actually was not aware that it was anything but an image sharing site.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on April 07, 2017, 12:20:00 AM
I've been using Imgur lately because tinypic has been having technical difficulties. I actually was not aware that it was anything but an image sharing site.

It has a chat area largely confined to comment about the publicly posted pictures. Nothing like Fb or Twitter but what is actually required to be a "social media"!

So far, at least, there is no real social or political etc content in my experience.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74