News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

SOCIAL MEDIA POLL

Started by Biggus Dickus, April 04, 2017, 03:08:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

After a few of us members of HAF realized we aren't on Facebook I became curious to know how many of the users here at HAF do utilize social media, which platforms they do use and which ones are more popular than others.

Also curious why or why not a particular user may prefer one form over the other, so if folks are willing maybe leave a comment after placing your vote describing why you do or don't use a particular social media account.

P.S If there are any platforms I haven't listed please let me know and I can add it, also this is my first poll, so any suggestions would be not only welcome, but appreciated.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Davin

I have accounts with most of those, but I don't think I could call my limited activities with them as "utilizing" them.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2017, 03:10:56 PM
I have accounts with most of those, but I don't think I could call my limited activities with them as "utilizing" them.

I don't know if you voted or not Davin, but I had to remove the poll while I tweaked it. So if you did vote can you please go back and vote again?

Davin

I have an account with all of those, but I think I use Twitter the most... which doesn't make much sense because I understand the purpose of that one the least. If reddit counted, I use that one the most.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Hey, where is the "None of the above" option?

You are denying me my franchise!

(OK, I use Imgur to link pics and, maybe, have a line or two of chat there once every other Tuesday with an "r" in the month in response to comments about any public pics there.)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

The system reprimanded me for not selecting anything when I pressed the submit button.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Biggus Dickus

I added "None of the Above" as an option. 8)

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 04, 2017, 04:05:35 PM

Thanks, Bru.

Is Imgur not chatty enough to qualify? In my very limited experience the chat is about the pics and a few jokes, no real "social" content, but there are "upvotes" and "downvotes".

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on April 04, 2017, 04:19:22 PM

Thanks, Bru.

Is Imgur not chatty enough to qualify? In my very limited experience the chat is about the pics and a few jokes, no real "social" content, but there are "upvotes" and "downvotes".

I added Imgur

Pasta Chick

I don't actually use my LinkedIn, I think I needed one to apply for something at some point. Or something.

I'm really only on Facebook because it's the oldest, just about everyone has one, and I don't like switching platforms and I find multiple accounts are usually redundant. I was on MySpace before that but I think they're legit gone now?

I've considered starting a Twitter but it would end in a cesspool of rape threats. I already know this. There's just no point.

Snapchat should maybe be added due to popularity, although it's very much a young demographic I don't know any of us fall in to.

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 04, 2017, 04:23:30 PM

Thanks, Bru.

I added Imgur

Thanks, again, Bru.

Er, now how do I change my vote?

(Damn, should have kept quiet just to be in a minority! But, honesty is the path to poverty, er, I mean honour.)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on April 04, 2017, 04:56:26 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on April 04, 2017, 04:23:30 PM

Thanks, Bru.

I added Imgur

Thanks, again, Bru.

Er, now how do I change my vote?

(Damn, should have kept quiet just to be in a minority! But, honesty is the path to poverty, er, I mean honour.)

I don't know how to change your vote. :o  I'm a newbie as well with this. Mods? Help?

I use Twitter, but not as a true social platform. By that I mean none of the people I follow or those who follow me do I know personally. I more or less use it as a news source, and don't actually post anything personal.

Same with Instagram. I only belong to that one because several people I receive emails from or who's blogs I read are on it, and I found it more accessible for some of my interests (Mainly cooking and yoga stuff, as I'm a vegetarian yoga dude)

hermes2015

Could our own Happy Atheist Forum not qualify as a Social Medium?
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tank

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 04, 2017, 05:36:44 PM
I don't know how to change your vote. :o  I'm a newbie as well with this. Mods? Help?
Sorted. There is now an option 'Remove Vote'. Click it and re-vote. When you set up a poll there is a tick box to select this option.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tank

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 04, 2017, 06:20:07 PM
Could our own Happy Atheist Forum not qualify as a Social Medium?
It does. And by definition we all use it :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.