News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Whys

Started by Dave, April 01, 2017, 08:50:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Davin

Why do people in the most need to calm down, do the opposite when told to?
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

Quote from: Davin on April 04, 2017, 06:51:58 PM
Because saying that to someone who needs to calm down is like adding wood and lighter fluid to a fire. 

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 04, 2017, 09:16:44 PM
Because saying that to someone who needs to calm down is like adding wood and lighter fluid to a fire. 

Why?
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 05, 2017, 02:00:55 AM

Why?

Maybe it sounds like telling someone who's angry that they have no real reason for anger?  It's dismissive and kind of bossy.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Magdalena

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on April 05, 2017, 02:29:52 AM
Quote from: Father Bruno on April 05, 2017, 02:00:55 AM

Why?

Maybe it sounds like telling someone who's angry that they have no real reason for anger?  It's dismissive and kind of bossy.
:this:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

Magdalena

Quote from: Gloucester on April 04, 2017, 02:39:51 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2017, 07:22:52 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on April 01, 2017, 07:16:36 PM
Quote from: Magdalena on April 01, 2017, 07:12:12 PM
Why do we have to drink a whole bottle of wine?
Why?
Why can't we just have one glass?

Dionysus, it's his fault!  :grrr:
I drank a bottle of wine just now, took me about 1/2 hour, with Natcho flavour Pringles & hot tomato salsa.

But it was only a 187ml bottle - my ration for the week :(

One bottle of wine in 1/2 hour? I envy you.  >:(
That's impressive!
It takes me many hours.  :sad sigh:
Note the volume of the bottle, Mags. Only a quarter of a full size job. And maybe it takes me 45 minutes some weeks . . .
Young guy at the lunch table at work once asked how long a bottle of wine should last. Our boss said, "Mmm, an hour." I added, "Maybe hour abd a half."

"No," he replied, "after you recork it."

Boss and I looked at each other, paused, then said - in perfect unison and harmony - "Recork it!?"

I then instructed him in the Greek method of opening wine bottles - you push the cork in, then you have to finish the bottle!
Ha! Good one.  ;D
Recork it! Ha!

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

Biggus Dickus

QuoteI would also like to join this club, the...I've never watched one single episode of the "Walking Dead" Club. I've never watched on single episode of Game of Thrones, either, and I still don't have a cell phone. :-[

Why Sister Magdalena, why don't you have a cell phone? Is it not allowed in the convent? 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 05, 2017, 04:35:27 PM

QuoteI would also like to join this club, the...I've never watched one single episode of the "Walking Dead" Club. I've never watched on single episode of Game of Thrones, either, and I still don't have a cell phone. :-[

Why Sister Magdalena, why don't you have a cell phone? Is it not allowed in the convent? 8)

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2017, 04:42:32 PM

These nuns have a cell phone, but maybe they have to share because they are not allowed to have one their own? Perhaps you could ask The Senora Madre if you could get one to share with your fellow sisters?

I think that would be nice.

Plus check out the cool nun-case you could get 8)

Magdalena

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 05, 2017, 05:40:05 PM

These nuns have a cell phone, but maybe they have to share because they are not allowed to have one their own? Perhaps you could ask The Senora Madre if you could get one to share with your fellow sisters?

I'm still stuck here, Father Bruno:-\

By the way...
You seem to have a...
"thing"
for nuns, don't you?  :snicker:

Why?

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Magdalena on April 05, 2017, 06:05:38 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on April 05, 2017, 05:40:05 PM

I'm still stuck here, Father Bruno:-\

By the way...
You seem to have a...
"thing"
for nuns, don't you?  :snicker:

Why?

Probably due to some deep sexual-repressions resulting in the abuse I receive as a young child from the hands of the Bernardine Franciscan sisters who were at the Catholic School I had attended.

Magdalena

^^^^
I'm sorry to hear that, Father Bruno:(

Arturo

Nah hell no. Nuns are sexy.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱