Author Topic: Recommend me some podcasts...  (Read 394 times)

Anne D.

• Doesn't Believe in Mother Goose
Re: Recommend me some podcasts...
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2017, 01:45:32 PM »
Season 1 of In the Dark was really good. Here's the description from the website:
For 27 years, the investigation into the abduction of Jacob Wetterling in rural Minnesota yielded no answers. Reporter Madeleine Baran reveals how law enforcement mishandled one of the most notorious child abductions in the country and how those failures fueled national anxiety about stranger danger, led to the nation's sex-offender registries and raise questions about crime-solving effectiveness and accountability.

Davin

• Guardian of Reason
  • (o°-°)=o o(o*-°)
    • DevPirates
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2017, 07:32:17 AM »
Season 1 of In the Dark was really good. Here's the description from the website:
For 27 years, the investigation into the abduction of Jacob Wetterling in rural Minnesota yielded no answers. Reporter Madeleine Baran reveals how law enforcement mishandled one of the most notorious child abductions in the country and how those failures fueled national anxiety about stranger danger, led to the nation's sex-offender registries and raise questions about crime-solving effectiveness and accountability.
That sounds interesting, I'm going to check that out.

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Reason
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2017, 05:37:52 PM »
Ever heard of Star Talk Radio? It's a series of podcasts hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I get the feeling that you and others here would enjoy them. :grin: 
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Arturo

• Do Something Crazy!
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • You two dig up, dig up dinosaurs?
« Reply #18 on: July 15, 2017, 06:14:44 PM »
Ever heard of Star Talk Radio? It's a series of podcasts hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson. I get the feeling that you and others here would enjoy them. :grin:

I like to listen to clips on YouTube but I don't have money for the full thing.
But, uh...well there it is.
"Nothing's a struggle, but everything is a challenge"-Anon
Hate Is Weakness

Firebird

• Taste's like chicken
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2017, 08:14:22 PM »

Listen to it occasionally. One of my friends actually did a guest blog post for them.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"