News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Alternative History

Started by trustyoursources, March 15, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Icarus on March 17, 2017, 12:28:08 AM
Well what the hell!  That vid is evidence of someone smoking  heavy duty weed.  A historical can of worms that is so historically inaccurate as to be an insult. 
Hmmm...I highly doubt this... :notsure:

So I'm going to ask:
trustyoursources, are you a pothead:eyebrow:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

I haven't watched the video, assuming it's some neo nazi garbagé
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

That weird thing happened again, no inducation that a submission had been accepted, bug it had.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Arturo on March 17, 2017, 05:50:48 AM

No.

Just garbage.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2017, 01:16:03 AM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 12:06:43 AM
Quote from: Recusant on March 15, 2017, 10:19:46 PM
What are your sources, trustyoursources, and why do you trust them?

Thats just a witty title I came up with once I decided to publish my first documentary. Hopefully there are more to come.

It's still a legitimate question. What sources, if any, have you used to create your mockumentary? As far as I can tell it was pulled straight from your arse. Would you dispute that statement?

Ok so its hard to just out right tell you its not like I kept track I would just kind of out line what I thought would make an exciting plot based on random clips I clicked into in the middle of random videos. I tried to make it like divinely inspired. It helped that I had good knowledge of "official" Russian history and fair amount of "official" history behind wwii/cold war/space race periods. This made it easy to figure out how to re arrange all these stories into the most epic and irritating to classic scholars. Basically my brain ex nihilo made that sh*t truth.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Tank on March 16, 2017, 07:45:40 PM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:46:41 PM

Thats just a witty title I came up with once I decided to publish my first documentary. Hopefully there are more to come.

It's still a legitimate question. What sources, if any, have you used to create your mockumentary? As far as I can tell it was pulled straight from your arse. Would you dispute that statement?

Ok that is a fair question it was not my arse but my brain and also google and clips mostly of youtube.
You need to be more specific please.
Links to the Youtube stuff and the stuff you found vis Google.

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 17, 2017, 06:00:19 AM

Ok so its hard to just out right tell you its not like I kept track I would just kind of out line what I thought would make an exciting plot based on random clips I clicked into in the middle of random videos. I tried to make it like divinely inspired. It helped that I had good knowledge of "official" Russian history and fair amount of "official" history behind wwii/cold war/space race periods. This made it easy to figure out how to re arrange all these stories into the most epic and irritating to classic scholars. Basically my brain ex nihilo made that sh*t truth.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Gloucester on March 16, 2017, 08:33:53 PM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:50:59 PM
Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2017, 07:06:59 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2017, 01:28:43 AM
Urgh, I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

Same for me. What a load of bollocks.

I assume you spent your entire life inside the USA then right? Consuming their media and high fat foods? Basically in a drugged out shopping daze am I right? Do you still think after watching fox news for 3 to 6 on average a day you still correctly remember despite your programming?

HAHA i swear there are a dozen comments and the best argument an entire forum of so called "skeptics" could come up with is "WRONG!" you guys sure sound like Trump.
JFK was made POTUS the same year that I joined the RAF. His part in WW2 was as the lowest rank of US naval officer, skippering a torpedo boat in the Pacific.

In this instance, at least, I will go with my memory of rather than your imagination or attempt at mock history.

Since your version seems so ridiculous ridicule rather than scepticism seems more appropriate here.

trustyoursources

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2017, 09:52:28 PM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 06:47:36 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2017, 01:28:43 AM
Urgh, I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

Its hard to accept something is wrong that you thought was true your entire life.

Nope, that's not the reason why.

Than why I have yet to hear a point.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 16, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
I am reminded of the quote, "it is possible to be so open minded, your brain falls out."

Please another none argument. I expected more from a community that prides it self on skepticism.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Tom62 on March 16, 2017, 11:34:50 PM
Lenin died in 1924, Trotsky was removed from power and expelled from the communist party in 1927. Both men didn't fight for Russia in WW-II.

First off thank you for bringing up a real point. See most believe that world war ii, the space race, and the cold war are separate loosely connected events. I however found the truth that they are all part of world war II and I also realized not a single date ever provided by official history is correct thus when dates line up with the official story it is because I had to adjust them to make things make sense. Also North Korea is still at war with South Korea believe it or not World War II never ended. Even Trump is technically a World War II president.

trustyoursources

Well what the hell!  That vid is evidence of someone smoking  heavy duty weed.  A historical can of worms that is so historically inaccurate as to be an insult. 

Is this some kind of play on Kellyanne Conways' alternative realities? 

I am going to my room now. That vid spoiled my whole damned day.

I do smoke on the reg good call but that fact is not a legit argument to any points I make in my master work.

Dave

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 17, 2017, 06:06:53 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 16, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
I am reminded of the quote, "it is possible to be so open minded, your brain falls out."

Please another none argument. I expected more from a community that prides it self on skepticism.

There is no more "argument" about your "documentary" than there is about Star Wars.

Except Star Wars has the remote possibilty of being something like the truth in the very distant future!

Later: actually arguing about Star Wars is probably more sensible, speculation as to what might be possible in the future is more fruitful than arguing about an "alternative" account of past events that are within individual human memory. One is aware of propaganda, of "the winner writes the history" and all similar factirs but, sincerely, you expect people to go against events they effectively witnessed at the time? Small details might be fuzzy in memory but the actual event remains.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Magdalena on March 17, 2017, 04:55:04 AM
Hmmm...I highly doubt this... :notsure:

So I'm going to ask:
trustyoursources, are you a pothead:eyebrow:

Yes I am and yes it was "utilized" during the creation of the video the script/research/voice over/obtaining footage/editing. In fact I am doing it right now.

trustyoursources

Right, definition of close minded.

trustyoursources

Quote from: Gloucester on March 17, 2017, 05:52:54 AM

No.

Just garbage.

Bravo an eloquent argument so convincing