News:

In case of downtime/other tech emergencies, you can relatively quickly get in touch with Asmodean Prime by email.

Main Menu

Alternative History

Started by trustyoursources, March 15, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trustyoursources

I am a documentary film maker and I believe that modern day accepted version of history is faith based nonsense religion. It is very hard to almost impossible to predict what happened long ago in the past even as late as a few decades ago historical accounts are mostly assumptions and wild guesses. To further illustrate my point I made a documentary about world war II that shows it through an alternative lens yet remains as accurate as any other modern day counter part even though the accounts are radically different. For all we know History played out completely differently then we realize and in all likely hood it did.

ht*tps://w*ww.you*tube.c*om/watch?v=qHgUVoREOmg

Disabled link. See NO SPAM rule. - R

Dave

Is that a joke? Modelled after Trump's "alternate facts"?

Certainly just as confusing to me,
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

trustyoursources

No its not a joke History is not cut and dry the "official story" is riddled with holes this is just a different take on what happened.

Recusant

It's clear that you didn't bother to read our rules before you posted here, trustyoursources. Often in such a case, the staff of this site will simply remove the spam. Since your nonsense video may provide a minimal amount of amusement for members of this site who are desperate for such things, the link has merely been disabled.

People are still alive who lived through the period you've depicted. I know one of them personally--somebody who was an adult at the time and who would find your "revisionism" completely absurd. Perhaps your intent is comedic. If so, it falls flat but maybe there are people out there who like that sort of thing. Best of luck.

For those who would like to marvel at a ham-handed attempt to re-write history, paste the URL for the video into your browser's address bar and remove the asterisks.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

trustyoursources

Quote from: Recusant on March 15, 2017, 07:22:34 PM
It's clear that you didn't bother to read our rules before you posted here, trustyoursources. Often in such a case, the staff of this site will simply remove the spam. Since your nonsense video may provide a minimal amount of amusement for members of this site who are desperate for such things, the link has merely been disabled.

People are still alive who lived through the period you've depicted. I know one of them personally--somebody who was an adult at the time and who would find your "revisionism" completely absurd. Perhaps your intent is comedic. If so, it falls flat but maybe there are people out there who like that sort of thing. Best of luck.

For those who would like to marvel at a ham-handed attempt to re-write history, paste the URL for the video into your browser's address bar and remove the asterisks.

Thanks for not out right banning me and allowing me to plead my case publicly. Having said that you offer no actual argument to the points that I have made. Since I still have my voice I will not be shy to use it.

trustyoursources

Also regardless of what we may disagree on thank you for giving it a chance and watching it and finding at minimal entertainment value in it means a lot.

Recusant

What are your sources, trustyoursources, and why do you trust them?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

trustyoursources

Quote from: Recusant on March 15, 2017, 10:19:46 PM

Thats just a witty title I came up with once I decided to publish my first documentary. Hopefully there are more to come.

Recusant

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 16, 2017, 12:06:43 AM

Thats just a witty title I came up with once I decided to publish my first documentary. Hopefully there are more to come.

It's still a legitimate question. What sources, if any, have you used to create your mockumentary? As far as I can tell it was pulled straight from your arse. Would you dispute that statement?
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Urgh, I couldn't sit through the whole thing.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Tank

Answer Recusant's question please.
State your sources.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on March 16, 2017, 01:28:43 AM
Urgh, I couldn't sit through the whole thing.

Same for me. What a load of bollocks.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

No one

This thread is alternatively awesome.

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

trustyoursources

Quote from: Recusant on March 16, 2017, 01:16:03 AM

It's still a legitimate question. What sources, if any, have you used to create your mockumentary? As far as I can tell it was pulled straight from your arse. Would you dispute that statement?

Ok that is a fair question it was not my arse but my brain and also google and clips mostly of youtube.