News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Alternative History

Started by trustyoursources, March 15, 2017, 05:52:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

trustyoursources

Quote from: Gloucester on March 17, 2017, 06:15:00 AM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 17, 2017, 06:06:53 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 16, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
I am reminded of the quote, "it is possible to be so open minded, your brain falls out."

Please another none argument. I expected more from a community that prides it self on skepticism.

There is no more "argument" about your "documentary" than there is about Star Wars.

Except Star Wars has the remote possibilty of being something like the truth in the very distant future!

I made an entire 17 minute historic film and you cant even point out one thing wrong with it but you keep at every instance claim its wrong. Typical atheist.

Dave

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 17, 2017, 06:19:32 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 17, 2017, 06:15:00 AM
Quote from: trustyoursources on March 17, 2017, 06:06:53 AM
Quote from: Pasta Chick on March 16, 2017, 10:29:50 PM
I am reminded of the quote, "it is possible to be so open minded, your brain falls out."

Please another none argument. I expected more from a community that prides it self on skepticism.

There is no more "argument" about your "documentary" than there is about Star Wars.

Except Star Wars has the remote possibilty of being something like the truth in the very distant future!

I made an entire 17 minute historic film and you cant even point out one thing wrong with it but you keep at every instance claim its wrong. Typical atheist.

Typical assumption, we are not all atheists on this forum!

So, according to your version, JFK was POTUS during WW2?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

If we expect our members to follow the forum rules...
Disabled link. See NO SPAM rule. - R

Shouldn't our Forum Janitor, Administrator, Excellent and Indefatigable Guardian of Reason, also follow the Rule Enforcement Process?

...Just asking.  :notsure:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Magdalena

I know he's gone, but this is just for the record...

Quote from: trustyoursources on March 17, 2017, 06:15:28 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on March 17, 2017, 04:55:04 AM
Quote from: Icarus on March 17, 2017, 12:28:08 AM
Well what the hell!  That vid is evidence of someone smoking  heavy duty weed.  A historical can of worms that is so historically inaccurate as to be an insult. 
Hmmm...I highly doubt this... :notsure:

So I'm going to ask:
trustyoursources, are you a pothead:eyebrow:

Yes I am and yes it was "utilized" during the creation of the video the script/research/voice over/obtaining footage/editing. In fact I am doing it right now.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Firebird

Based on his answers, I think he made this for shits and giggles. At least I hope so for his sake.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

Quote from: Firebird on March 17, 2017, 07:03:18 PM
Based on his answers, I think he made this for shits and giggles. At least I hope so for his sake.

Ignoring the subject I think he has a slightly similar style to Dredge - when is he joking and when is he not? Giggles or not makes him a suitable case for having his head looked at IMHO.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Just thought I'd leave this here.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Pasta Chick

Quote from: Firebird on March 17, 2017, 07:03:18 PM

He seemed so serious for that

Ecurb Noselrub

Lark

Quote from: Tank on March 17, 2017, 06:39:29 AM
Banned.

Fuck him.

What ???   Why ???  and why be so rude ?    It was just a bit of amusing fun 
[ IMO]

Lark

I went back and read all the comments and am amazed really. Why are you all so serious about a bit of fun fiction ? Do none of you read fiction ?  It is full of stories around events that really happened but taken to a diffferent conclusion.This cannot have  been meant to be historically correct as so obviously is not  so has no 'sources'.    What about SS-GB by Len Deighton, currently on UK TV ?

Tank

Quote from: Lark on March 18, 2017, 11:34:35 AM
I went back and read all the comments and am amazed really. Why are you all so serious about a bit of fun fiction ? Do none of you read fiction ?  It is full of stories around events that really happened but taken to a diffferent conclusion.This cannot have  been meant to be historically correct as so obviously is not  so has no 'sources'.    What about SS-GB by Len Deighton, currently on UK TV ?
Do you really think the author intended it to be fictitious? I did not read that into any of what he wrote.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Pasta Chick

I took the OP's repeated assertations that the video was true coupled with ad hominem attacks on those who challenged this to be just plain trolling.

Not even creative trolling at that.