Author Topic: A bad memory can be creative  (Read 75 times)

Gloucester

• Touched by His Noodly Appendage
A bad memory can be creative
« on: March 14, 2017, 01:41:29 AM »
This idea has just come to me.

I find it difficult to retain some things, like the meanings of some words, formulae, the laws of physics etc and this has been something of a drag on my intellectual development in life. It's not an old age thing (though that does not help) but, in intellectual areas, has lasted all my life.

So, very often, I have to review, revise or relearn the same things over and again. My idea is that this "renewal" process means that I often look at things afresh, in different contexts, and spot different facets or aspects each time. Of course, 99% of the time research indicates the idea has been found before but it is new to me in this instance.

Just have to hope that one day, I will have the Answer to Life, the Universe and Everything but, more importantly, spot it and have the courage and means to implement it!

;)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.

joeactor

• That guy you know.
  • Global Moderator
  • Has an Invisible Dragon in Their Garage
  • Reading Invisible Ink Novels
    • Joe's Dump
Re: A bad memory can be creative
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2017, 06:31:42 AM »
I can relate. My memory has never been stellar. I'm astounded when people can pull dates and event timelines from their life as if it just happened. I'd have trouble remembering what I ate for breakfast if it wasn't the same thing every day!

Still, I compensate by keeping lots of notes. It does help in the creative process. But many I never revisit or take action on.

I do wish I was better at memorizing. Doing a full stage play was always hard. Maybe that's why I do voice work. No memorization!