News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

QI and this Toksvig person

Started by Bad Penny II, March 01, 2017, 11:26:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bad Penny II

As a guest she seemed a smidge grumpy, as host she's quite jolly.
I expect that's partly nerves and she'll settle to something between.
Anyway Fry, you left us and we're getting along OK, you weren't indispensable.
Oh, you don't have liver cancer do you?
If you do you were the best and it'll never be the same and we'll always always love you.
If not then FU, that's a tai chi posture which can be interpreted as fuck you with nuances.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Recusant

I loved QI with Fry, and enjoyed Toksvig as a guest. I even managed to get to the studio to see one of the last programmes with Fry as host in person. Though I've yet to see a single one on television with Sandy Toksvig hosting, I plan on rectifying that very soon. I'll try to remember to come back to this thread and share some of my thoughts at a later date.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Bad Penny II

Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Siz

If you can get over the unFryness, I think she's OK. She's also naturally witty and sharp.

She reminds me, physically, of a bisexual girlfirend I once had... Didn't last long.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Siz

Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 01, 2017, 11:26:55 AM

Don't mistake an aridly dry wit for grump.

When one sleeps on the floor one need not worry about falling out of bed - Anton LaVey

The universe is a cold, uncaring void. The key to happiness isn't a search for meaning, it's to just keep yourself busy with unimportant nonsense, and eventually you'll be dead!

Dave

Quote from: Siz on March 23, 2017, 04:08:48 PM
Quote from: Bad Penny II on March 01, 2017, 11:26:55 AM

Don't mistake an aridly dry wit for grump.

Hmm, Sandy's wit can be so dry it deserts her . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74