News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

About as much use as . . .

Started by Dave, February 25, 2017, 04:11:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Biggus Dickus

'You are about as much use to me as a hole in the head, an affliction with which you must be familiar, never having had a brain.'

Can anyone here guess who said that?

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Dave

I thought it was, but had to check...

Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

I could "hear" the voice as I read it!

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Gloucester on February 26, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Funny, because I can hear the voice in my head too, butt I figured fans would probably get it right away...anyway good job even if it did take you a long time :P

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 26, 2017, 05:23:34 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on February 26, 2017, 04:33:09 PM

Funny, because I can hear the voice in my head too, butt I figured fans would probably get it right away...anyway good job even if it did take you a long time :P
It has been many years since I last saw him. Haven't had a TV licence for over 10 years now and never bought the videos.

Icarus

Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 08:31:06 AM
A metric spanner in America.

Please be advised that any US automotive tech worth his title has a most comprehensive set of metric spanners (wrenches) Every vehicle has metric fasteners even the American brands. I have had metric spanners for more than 50 years. I worked on German, Italian, Austrian, Swiss, and Japanese motorcycles. I also worked on Brit bikes which needed Whitworth spanners that were neither Imperial or metric. 

Whitworth hexagonal standards measured from corner to corner rather than the more sensible across the flats dimension. That is not all.....the damnable Whitworth threads had a different geometry than any other normally used form in the world. There is more.....The gauge standards for sheet metal and wires of the Brit way of measuring were and may still remain different from other international standards. In addition Brits still express their bodyweight in terms of stone.......WTF??

Hey, just teasing Tank.   ;)

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Tank

Quote from: Icarus on February 27, 2017, 12:32:03 AM
Quote from: Tank on February 26, 2017, 08:31:06 AM
A metric spanner in America.

Please be advised that any US automotive tech worth his title has a most comprehensive set of metric spanners (wrenches) Every vehicle has metric fasteners even the American brands. I have had metric spanners for more than 50 years. I worked on German, Italian, Austrian, Swiss, and Japanese motorcycles. I also worked on Brit bikes which needed Whitworth spanners that were neither Imperial or metric. 

Whitworth hexagonal standards measured from corner to corner rather than the more sensible across the flats dimension. That is not all.....the damnable Whitworth threads had a different geometry than any other normally used form in the world. There is more.....The gauge standards for sheet metal and wires of the Brit way of measuring were and may still remain different from other international standards. In addition Brits still express their bodyweight in terms of stone.......WTF??

Hey, just teasing Tank.   ;)

:hooked:  :grin:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Guardian85

"...a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest".

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Guardian85 on February 28, 2017, 02:16:16 PM
"...a one-legged man in an arse-kicking contest".

I bet a one-legged man could still kick someone in the ass. Try it, stand on one leg, and then jump up and kick with the standing leg.

Might not be an ideal ass-kicker, but surely can kick some ass.

How about an ass-less man in an arse-kicking contest?

joeactor

OldGit

Tom62

... as a PHD in gender studies.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Arturo

...me trying to post in this thread.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱