News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

I Was a Muslim in Trump's White House

Started by Biggus Dickus, February 23, 2017, 08:32:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Biggus Dickus

I was going to post this in one of the other Trump threads, but thought maybe it should have a thread of it's own as I found the author's piece quite compelling and was curious how other members here might respond or feel about it, considering she is not only openly religious, but Muslim as well.

I Was a Muslim in Trump's White House, by RUMANA AHMED

I remember reading about her before when she was working under the Obama administration, and how important I felt it was to have someone like her in the White House as a sign of the country's diversity, not to mention the fact that she represented yet another prime example of the US success story.

A daughter of immigrants who graduates from George Washington U, interns at White House, takes job and is working in the West Wing and advising the President of the United States.

Like her I think one of our greatest strengths is our diversity especially with the inclusion of minority groups which are traditionally ostracized; yet many, especially Trump and his supporters would argue the opposite as they claim diversity is actually a weakness, a sign of moral and authoritarian decay.

I'm sure the Trump White House was happy to see her go, as they were unable to see beyond the hijab and their own fears and disillusionment.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Recusant

While I can understand her resigning on principle, I think that if she could have stuck it out she might have had a chance to try to bring a different perspective to the "monochromatic male bastion." Yeah, I know, not a realistic scenario. She made the sensible decision rather than trying to strike an ideological blow by staying until they fired her, and I can't fault her for that.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken