News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

If You Could...

Started by xSilverPhinx, February 03, 2017, 08:28:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

...witness any past, present or future event, what would it/they be?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Icarus

I'll start the ball rolling by wishing to see my president impeached and  permanently banished from any governing activity.  That event is to occur sooner, not later. 

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on February 03, 2017, 09:59:40 PM
I'll start the ball rolling by wishing to see my president impeached and  permanently banished from any governing activity.  That event is to occur sooner, not later.
:this:

I'll also add 2 events I don't want to see. Him getting elected and him destroying the country.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

Woodstock.
Pink Floyd in their heyday.
Marilyn Monroe naked.

Pasta Chick

Quote from: No one on February 03, 2017, 10:11:13 PM
Marilyn Monroe naked.

Well that's easy enough - she did several nude shoots

Most iconically
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on February 03, 2017, 09:59:40 PM

He might even welcome that, as there's no such thing as bad publicity...
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

I meant in the flesh naked.

Recusant

The launch of Apollo 11

A gathering of Mencken's Saturday Night Club in its heyday

The 'resurrection' of Jesus (i.e. what actually occurred)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

hermes2015

Mozart performing at a young age.

Jackson Pollock painting.

A staff meeting at the Eames office, with Charles presiding.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Tom62

The first successful faster than light flight to another galaxy.

First contact with an alien species.

Rembrandt van Rijn painting.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

OldGit

Close to my home there used to be a major blast furnace and several coal mines, now vanished and smoothed over.

I want to visit what is now Town Park, Telford, around 1850.

In fact, while we're at it, I'll look at the whole of the East Shropshire Coalfield at that period.

hermes2015

Quote from: OldGit on February 04, 2017, 10:20:46 AM
Close to my home there used to be a major blast furnace and several coal mines, now vanished and smoothed over.

I want to visit what is now Town Park, Telford, around 1850.

In fact, while we're at it, I'll look at the whole of the East Shropshire Coalfield at that period.

And have Butterworth's A Shropshire Lad music playing in the background.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Essie Mae

VE Day, London

Yosemite Park from the air for outline of the 🌋

The Galapagos with a Darwin expert

Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Dragonia

I would really like to be at a Victorian era ball. I want to ride up in a carriage, in my gown, and dance all night under a hundred candle chandeliers.  I want to twirl to an ensemble with suitors lining up for the next dance.
I would love to have been at Woodstock.
Love to have been able to be a Led Zeppelin groupie and travel around and party with them for a while.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

No one

September 10th 2001. Find those 19 douches, gouge out their eyes, then stuff bacon in every orifice.