News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

For those of you who live alone...

Started by Arturo, November 29, 2016, 03:49:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

What do you pay for food every month? I'm paying for myself and wonder what a reasonable amount would be.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

No one

That depends on your tastes, cooking abilities, and your resources.

Asmodean

Excellent question. I'll note down the individual amounts and come back to this in a month.

For now, I suspect that it's way too much as I often eat out, and not necessarily at them burger joints either.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Of course, my values will be in Norwegian currency, but I will adjust for the cost of living differences in Britain and the USA to the best of my mathematical abilities.

I think I'll end up being towards the top of what one might consider reasonable.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Sandra Craft

It also depends on where you live, different cost of living rates and all that.  Mine is $300 a month if I'm being sensible, which is rare.  It's usually around $500 with all the eating out.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

If I lived alone, I'd be eating mostly Cheerios and Trader Joe's frozen pizzas so... like $250/mo

Davin

I pay about $350 on food for myself. I could spend less, but then I'd have to spend more time on food prep, and I could spend more if I wanted less food prep time. I find that at present, this is an acceptable compromise making my food prep time to be acceptable and the costs not so bad. I also buy some things I don't need to but I like to. Also, I eat out for 5 of the 21 weeks meals on average.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

MariaEvri

I live alone but luckily I go to my dad's for lunch which saves me a lot of cash. So I guess I;m not a good person to answer here

why am I answering here?
God made me an atheist, who are you to question his wisdom!
www.poseidonsimons.com

Dave

Never totted up what my food spend is. Usually spend $10 to $15 a week eating out.

Maybe four visits a week to the supermarket @  $15 average, but that will include household stuff. I like to get bread, fruit and veg as fresh as possible.

So, say, $350 per month max.

Luckily, at the moment,  I have a surplus of income over outgoings so I don't budget. What Brexit will bring is another matter . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

Food costs depend on where you live. Alaska is surely more expensive than Alabama.

I often do the grocery shopping and almost always spend less than my wife, Elaine, because she tends to be an impulse buyer and is a sucker for a bargain. Result is that our food pantry is overflowing with items that we may never use. All together I would guess at $600 per month for the two of us.

Elaine is a social person so she eats out with her friends a lot. I do not even want to know how much she spends on restaurant food. Plenty I am pretty sure. She is into Asian, Thai, Viet, and Sushi. 

My booze expenditures does not factor into the food consumption estimate........Maybe $60 per month.