News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Photo Challenge Poll: 'Favourite Photos'

Started by Recusant, February 01, 2017, 04:30:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

We have a wide field of impressive photos for this one. Thanks to all who submitted entries! I'm pretty sure I've got them all here, but I've made mistakes before, so if you sent something to me and don't see it here, please let me know ASAP. Also, as usual I will accept last minute entries for a couple of days.

1.  Tank

2.  Apathy

3.  Gloucester

4.  Lark

5.  hermes2015

6.  Dragonia

7.  Recusant

8.  Tank

9.  Apathy

10.  Gloucester

11.  Lark

12.  hermes2015

13.  Dragonia

14.  Recusant

15.  Tank

16.  Gloucester

17.  Lark

18.  hermes2015

19.  Dragonia

20.  Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

Good selection of photos! It was tough choosing just 5.

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

joeactor

Biggus Dickus

Nice selection to choose from, excellent job everyone. The winning votes have been cast.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

I had a notion to submit a picture or two.  These are far too good to compete with. I do not have a taste for humble pie.

=Really good work, all you that entered

Tom62

The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Lark

Wording   of Challenge says favourite and liked ,   not best.  Does it make any difference to your choice ?

Recusant

Quote from: Lark on February 02, 2017, 03:17:10 PM
Wording   of Challenge says favourite and liked ,   not best.  Does it make any difference to your choice ?

There isn't any rule about what you vote for in these things, except the number of votes each member is allowed. You can vote for any photos you want to, for whatever reason.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dragonia

Oh man, good job guys! This was hard to pick 5! I want to know the stories behind these pics.
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

xSilverPhinx

I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Quote from: Dragonia on February 02, 2017, 07:21:20 PM
Oh man, good job guys! This was hard to pick 5! I want to know the stories behind these pics.

I'll tell my story about mine when the contest is over.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dave

Mine were 3, 10 and 16

3 was one of the entries in a street art exhibition in Gloucester. With my enjoyment of scifi and fantasy it sort of pulls my strings and presses my buttons!

10 is the 1918 statue of my favourite historical figure, the Anglo-Saxon Æthelflæd, a genuine warrior princess, daughter of Alfred the Great and Lady of Mercia, with her nephew Æthelstan, who was to become the first king of a united England. She died in 918.

16 was an entry in the "Crucible 2" exhibition in Gloucester Cathedral. Just something about the power - plus the skills that went into the concept and the cutting and welding of the parts.

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave