News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Reasons to Fear the End O' Times.

Started by Biggus Dickus, January 19, 2017, 03:30:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

It appears that the backlash from women is larger and more militant than could have been imagined.    Woman Marches all over the country were beyond impressive.  Way to go girls, you really do have power and plenty of it. Men are sometimes grudgingly aware of the reality that women control half the money and all the ....well you know. A clip of a woman speaker in D.C. reminded the listeners of who it is that is responsible for bearing children like MLK, like Socrates, Jonas Salk, G. Washington, and more.   . She even reminded that a woman gave birth to Jesus.  There were more than a few large signs being held up. More than a few of them used a two word message: Fuck Trump. My goodness ladies is that any way to behave? I say yes, you are damned right yes.

A clip from yodays speech by the New Press secretary ...Sean Whatzisname, the new guy, is an almost mirror image of the Donald. He  got all upset about the supposed underestimation of the size of the inauguration crowd.  Like that actually mattered.   I take that back. Evidently "size does matter" to the new regime.   He also viciously attacked the press as deliberate liars and cheats. That sounds every bit like the Donald.  I have a news flash for this dipshit dude, and Donald too. The press and other media have influence that can overwhelm the bloviations of  political hacks.  . They buy ink by the barrel and they control the broadcast media and public opinions as they damned well please. Best not to antagonize them too badly or too frequently. 

Firebird

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 22, 2017, 12:23:25 AM
Did anyone else march today?
Wish we could have, but tough to do so with firechicklet's right now, and my father-in-law is also visiting this weekend to see her for the first time. But we will be in the future, hopefully. Sadly, I'm sure there will be many more reasons to do so.

Quote from: Tom62 on January 21, 2017, 10:24:32 PM
It looks like that the US has their own version of anti-fascist tugs, similar like the ones that I've seen here in Germany and in the Netherlands. They use violence and destruction to get their "opinion" across, thus being no better than the people they hate. I assume that they also smashed windows and damaged private properties in Washington DC.
Tom, it seems like you have been more interested in criticizing the opposition to Trump than Trump himself, and I remember arguing with you about Putin before too. I'm curious how you really feel about his election.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on January 22, 2017, 01:07:00 AMI have a news flash for this dipshit dude, and Donald too. The press and other media have influence that can overwhelm the bloviations of  political hacks.  . They buy ink by the barrel and they control the broadcast media and public opinions as they damned well please. Best not to antagonize them too badly or too frequently.

Unless Donald does an Erdoğan on them.

;)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

Quote from: Firebird on January 22, 2017, 06:55:34 AM
It looks like that the US has their own version of anti-fascist tugs, similar like the ones that I've seen here in Germany and in the Netherlands. They use violence and destruction to get their "opinion" across, thus being no better than the people they hate. I assume that they also smashed windows and damaged private properties in Washington DC.
Tom, it seems like you have been more interested in criticizing the opposition to Trump than Trump himself, and I remember arguing with you about Putin before too. I'm curious how you really feel about his election.

Whilst being against Trump I was also concerned about reports that anti-Trump demonstrators had caused damage and violence. That is not going to help the justified cause of the majority. But, there are always those who seek any excuse for violence.

Tom62

Quote from: Gloucester on January 22, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

Whilst being against Trump I was also concerned about reports that anti-Trump demonstrators had caused damage and violence. That is not going to help the justified cause of the majority. But, there are always those who seek any excuse for violence.

I fully agree with Gloucester. I'm against Trump as well. As a matter of fact, I think he is unpredictable and has major angry management issues. Although that makes him potentially dangerous, I would however not write him off [yet] as being evil. To become as bad as Nixon or J.W. Bush, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, some "work" still needs to be done.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Dave

Quote from: Tom62 on January 22, 2017, 09:44:21 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 22, 2017, 08:06:15 AM

I fully agree with Gloucester. I'm against Trump as well. As a matter of fact, I think he is unpredictable and has major angry management issues. Although that makes him potentially dangerous, I would however not write him off [yet] as being evil. To become as bad as Nixon or J.W. Bush, responsible for the deaths of thousands of innocent people, some "work" still needs to be done.
Taking the last part of your post, Tom, I am as much concerned by Trump's "indirect" actions as much as his direct policies. Is there a chance that he will "enable" others, through bigotted, knee-jerk or poorly thought out policies, to cause social and financial mayhem, even encourage violence?

Ecurb Noselrub

It's important to remember that whatever your struggle against Trump, it's a marathon not a sprint.  This is the beginning of 4 years of fighting, so keep it up.  Make it your New Year's resolution to resist.

Tom62

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 22, 2017, 11:10:07 AM
It's important to remember that whatever your struggle against Trump, it's a marathon not a sprint.  This is the beginning of 4 years of fighting, so keep it up.  Make it your New Year's resolution to resist.

Unless he gets reelected :o.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Tom62 on January 22, 2017, 11:37:51 AM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 22, 2017, 11:10:07 AM

Unless he gets reelected :o.

Perish the thought. I think he's a one termer, but no prediction about him has been true so far.

Firebird

Quote from: Gloucester on January 22, 2017, 07:59:16 AM
Quote from: Icarus on January 22, 2017, 01:07:00 AMI have a news flash for this dipshit dude, and Donald too. The press and other media have influence that can overwhelm the bloviations of  political hacks.  . They buy ink by the barrel and they control the broadcast media and public opinions as they damned well please. Best not to antagonize them too badly or too frequently.

Unless Donald does an Erdoğan on them.

;)

That, fortunately, is not possible here (yet). Trump doesn't have nearly the personality cult of Erdoğan, so the government isn't stock full of his acolytes, and there would be a huge, huge outcry if he tried to jail journalists. Right now they're just continuing their campaign of delegitimization of the media, which is still quite dangerous considering how easily so many people fall for that crap.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Recusant

Quote from: Tom62 on January 21, 2017, 10:24:32 PMIt looks like that the US has their own version of anti-fascist tugs, similar like the ones that I've seen here in Germany and in the Netherlands. They use violence and destruction to get their "opinion" across, thus being no better than the people they hate. I assume that they also smashed windows and damaged private properties in Washington DC.

Yes, there are people and groups in the US that use "black bloc" tactics, and yes there was a black bloc element in the demonstrations on the day of Trump's inauguration, though it was a very small minority. These people don't care that their actions tend to delegitimize peaceful demonstrations. They're parasites who I think are there more for juvenile thrill-seeking than for anything else.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Pasta Chick on January 22, 2017, 12:23:25 AM
Did anyone else march today? I'm pretty equidistant between 3 major cities and ended up in Hartford CT. The Facebook page for the event had about 3000 going, it was difficult to tell in the crowd but felt like more like 5000. Now that it's over I'm reading estimates of 10,000!

The speaker system was very bad, so mostly people were mingling. It was very uplifting just being surrounded by everyone - and this is coming from someone who abhors crowds. Most people kept with the feminist theme overall but there were also BLM protesters, LGBTQ activists, and people concerned with climate change and health care in general. Many signs had messages including all of the above. I think everyone just really wants to be heard.

Highlites I didn't feel comfortable or wasn't able to photograph:

A boy probably 8-9 years old wearing Finn (Star Wars) jacket carrying a sign he made that said "Science is real, Deal with it".

A older gay couple standing on the edge of the crowd wearing rainbow sashes and holding hands.

A sign that said simply "we'll take the bear".

Very early on - I arrived about 15 min early to park. The crowd at least quadrupled from this

Rainbow for the captial

Looking back at the crowd - this spills over the hill into Bushnell Park

Hi PC, very cool you were able to attend an event close to you, and like you it was very uplifting to simply participate, especially with my son by my side, he made me very proud yesterday.

My son and I were headed to Ann Arbor, MI yesterday so we went down early and joined the march there, very large crowd...unfortunately we arrived late due to all of the traffic coming into the city so we missed the speeches, but we were both happy and excited to be able to participate.

My daughter attended a march in Traverse City, MI with some friends, and my sister and her wife were in Washington DC for the main event!

My Sista Representing!

I loved this guy and his sign.

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on January 21, 2017, 06:52:14 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on January 21, 2017, 12:56:11 PM
1.21.17 Day 1

We've survived day 1, somehow. Here inside the bunker things are currently ok, but we need to get sniffer dogs placed by the entrances to sniff out his supporters, and members of the alt-right.

This should be an easy task for the dogs as they all reek from a pungent odor of entitlement, racism, privilege, fascism, sexism,etc...sort of mixture of right wing talk show host and conspiracy nut Alex Jones, neo-Nazi Richard Spencer (Who got socked yesterday) and Archie Bunker.

Not promoting violence, but when you incite hate things are going to happen? (You may recall this was the DB who at a rally soon after Dickhead won the election was seen at the podium with his hand straight out in the air "Hailing Trump" in a nazi salute)

Well, as much as I despise this guy's message, a hooded man giving him a sucker punch and then running away is not exactly the way to handle this.  Now is the time to speak out publicly against the problems you see with Trump.  Pick a topic - any topic - and start getting the message out.  We were asleep at the wheel and let him get elected.  Now we need to wake up and speak.  Find a cause, a platform, and go for it.

An estimated 500,000 people attended the march yesterday in Washington, and there were "Zero" arrests made. Zero.

With regards to R. Spencer getting sucker punched. Let's remember we're not discussing differences of opinion here such as should we cut corporate subsidies in the Federal Budget, increase defense spending, or lower capital gains.

No, this is person who publicly advocates a white homeland for what he calls the dispossessed white race, and who also calls for the peaceful ethnic cleansing of minorities to halt the deconstruction of what he refers to as the superior European culture here in the US, and a man who has openly criticized Jewish people.

Again, I'm not advocating violence, a sucker punch as evident in the video is a cowardly way to voice opposition. However, if I was on that sidewalk, and he was present I would have done everything within my means to square off and confront him directly and let him know exactly how I feel about his rhetoric of hate, and exactly what I will do to oppose it. And remind him that his vision of an non-inclusive America is not going to come about peacefully, not if I have the means to stop it.

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Biggus Dickus

Here's some more good news only just released.

Doomsday Clock: Humanity might be edging closer to its end.

QuoteThe Chicago-based Bulletin of Atomic Scientists has moved the "Doomsday Clock," a symbolic countdown to the end of the world, to two and a half minutes to midnight.
It marks the first time since 1953 -- after hydrogen bomb tests in the US and then Soviet Union -- that humanity has been this close to global disaster.

THANKS DONALD

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Icarus

The news today, Jan 27, is about the Doomsday Clock having been advanced by a half minute.   That is to say; doomsday is nearer.

This is a serious question: Has anyone had any experience with the Neptune Society and its' services after the fact.? 

Firebird