News:

Departing the Vacuousness

Main Menu

Hi all

Started by Niya, January 13, 2017, 08:26:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Niya

Hi guys,

:) respect to all. It's been some time. I hope HAFers are doing great.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----
Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy

OldGit

Good to hear from you, Niya!  We're much as usual - how are you doing?

Dave

Hiya, Niya

[Sorry too obvious but  ould not resist! :) ]

Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Niya

OG, thanks. I'm good.

G, thanks. I have been blessed to have some very good friends here who taught me a lot.

So, respect.
Not that anyone cares what I say, but the Restaurant is on the other end of the universe." –Marvin
-----

xSilverPhinx

Hey Niya! :hey:

Glad to hear you're doing fine, it's been a long time. :smilenod:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Firebird

Hey Niya! Good to have you back. How are you holding up over there?
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Recusant

It's really good to hear from you again, Niya. I've wondered from time to time how you were weathering various events I read about in your locale. Respect to you.  :hey:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Quote from: Niya on January 13, 2017, 08:26:07 AM
Hi guys,

:) respect to all. It's been some time. I hope HAFers are doing great.
Hi! So glad to hear from you after all this time!   :frolic: :love:
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Welcome back, Niya :)!
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Ecurb Noselrub

Hello, Niya.  Hope all is well.

Magdalena

Niyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!
:hug:
:cheerful dance 2:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Pasta Chick

Hi! It is really great to hear from you. I too have worried over news reports from your area. I'm so glad things are going well for you!

Niya

Thanks guys, Rec, Tank. Mag, Pc, silver, Tom, Bruce, Fb,  I am so glad to be back as well and hope you guys are having a good time.

Missed you guys and the good fun times.

Apathy, I like your avatar. Dr. Malcom is one of my favourite characters. And ofcourse Jeff portrays him perfectly from the novel. Your signature is from the movie right? The novel has the original line which I love but it comes from a scene not in the movie.

Malcom is talking to donald on his original paper on the oark that he gave to john hammond. While ellie looks for the berries which is making the stego's sick, in the park before the storm hits.

"Broadly speaking, the ability of the park to control the spread of life forms. Because the history of evolution is that life escapes all barriers. Life breaks free. Life expands to new territories. Painfully, perhaps even dangerously. But life finds a way." Malcolm shook his head. "I don't mean to be philosophical, but there it is."

Things here are ok. I guess. Not as bad as they used to be. What's up at haf? 😀
-----

Magdalena

Niya, why is it that when you speak, I feel as if you speak to the universe?
If this doesn't make any sense is because I just drank a whole bottle of wine, but that's what I "see".

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant