News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Our stuff

Started by Dave, January 11, 2017, 09:10:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Anything you did yourself!

Artwork, designs, ideas, stuff you have made or written.

Here's my design for a garden dumper, er, barrow.

Might need a metal strip along the cut edge of the bin, something like the strip used to pin down the carpet at a door.. Designed for a friend for collecting apples, raked up stones etc. He's moved now, maybe he will make it . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

joeactor

xSilverPhinx

That is clever. :smilenod:

(At first I thought that this was a thread about hoarding.  :P )
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Arturo

Maybe I could use this design for other things, like for snow?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Recusant

Interesting design, Gloucester. It sounds as if no prototype has been built, though?
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Dave

Quote from: Recusant on January 12, 2017, 04:25:15 AM
Interesting design, Gloucester. It sounds as if no prototype has been built, though?

No, I have no room to make such in my single room, first floor (English style) flat. My friend has skills, tools and room at his new place - and three apple trees instead of the one at his old. I miss not being able to build stuff.

We did just try the bin  on it's side and manually slid it onto the barrow then tipped it over at the end. So I sort of "extended" the principle.

Dave

Quote from: Apathy on January 12, 2017, 03:29:32 AM
Maybe I could use this design for other things, like for snow?
Not sure it would shift much snow unless you used a very large storage bin!

Design already going thtough my head for a push-along/tip-up snow scoop. But I am sure I have seen something like that before.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Gloucester on January 12, 2017, 08:30:53 AM

No, I have no room to make such in my single room, first floor (English style) flat. My friend has skills, tools and room at his new place - and three apple trees instead of the one at his old. I miss not being able to build stuff.

We have community organised Men's Sheds here.
http://mensshed.org/what-is-a-mens-shed/
I haven't visited one myself but it seems a good idea.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 12, 2017, 11:29:32 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 12, 2017, 08:30:53 AM

We have community organised Men's Sheds here.
http://mensshed.org/what-is-a-mens-shed/
I haven't visited one myself but it seems a good idea.

Yes, heard of those. Wish there was something similar in the UK.

Though I also have to admit that, with my heart condition, sawing, hammering and lifting etc. for more than a couple of minutes has me breathless. Just done  couple of days worth of washing up and my arms are aching and I need a sit down.

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Gloucester on January 12, 2017, 11:56:30 AM
Though I also have to admit that, with my heart condition, sawing, hammering and lifting etc. for more than a couple of minutes has me breathless. Just done  couple of days worth of washing up and my arms are aching and I need a sit down.

You got to move
You got to move
You got to move, child
You got to move

Dave

Quote from: Bad Penny II on January 12, 2017, 12:32:03 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 12, 2017, 11:56:30 AM

You got to move
You got to move
You got to move, child
You got to move

Yup, but when the more you move the more it hurts, and it don't get better with practice, maybe your body is trying to tell you summat!

Bad Penny II

Quote from: Gloucester on January 12, 2017, 01:03:22 PM
Yup, but when the more you move the more it hurts, and it don't get better with practice, maybe your body is trying to tell you summat!

summat is an atrocious word.
If you don't move you'll deteriorate.
Bodies, they'll always complain.
God gave you a brain to rule your base.

Icarus

The Men's Shed idea is a marvelous thing to contemplate.  There are those of us who have the creative juices that cry out to be fulfilled. At the same time many of us are confined to a small flat or other living space where we cannot have table saws, lathes, boat building space, and all that kind of thing.

solidsquid

I created an electronic version (in Microsoft Excel) of the Perceived Stress Scale with some diagnostic categories I developed for use in our lab based upon some work done by a research team in Spain - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4m1voe94bqtyoe/Perceived%20Stress%20Scale.xlsx?dl=0

If you want to try it out, be sure to download the file and open it in Excel, the functions won't work online.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: solidsquid on January 22, 2017, 03:06:38 PM
I created an electronic version (in Microsoft Excel) of the Perceived Stress Scale with some diagnostic categories I developed for use in our lab based upon some work done by a research team in Spain - https://www.dropbox.com/s/k4m1voe94bqtyoe/Perceived%20Stress%20Scale.xlsx?dl=0

If you want to try it out, be sure to download the file and open it in Excel, the functions won't work online.

I got 20 (mild). Even so, it's a little higher than I expected. I consider my perceived stress levels to be normal, as my ability to deal with stressful events has increased considerably in the last few years. 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey