News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Stop the Wall!

Started by Ecurb Noselrub, January 07, 2017, 08:56:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Icarus

If I were not as advanced in age, I'd be tempted to undertake another of my several Entrepeneural ventures.  A fleet of moderate sized boats could command some fairly good prices for transporting "Mexican invaders" around the stupid wall. There are two coast lines that would allow the "invaders' to simply go around the ends of the freakin' walls. Both U S coast lines are long enough to thwart the best efforts of the border patrol. The east and west coast of the US are both a lot longer than the southern border with Mexico.  HA! We'd need to fence in the whole damned nation wouldn't we?

I am only half joking about this.  Some of the commercial fisherman and shrimpers from Galveston, Corpus Christie, Port Arthur, Brownsville and other coastal areas  could make a lot more money smuggling than fishing. So could the commercial fisherman along the San Diego, and other California coastal regions. And that is just the American side. Plenty of enterprising Mexican boat people could make a good living with the smuggling trade.  The US Coast Guard would have to bolster their equipment and personnel capabilities even to make a dent in the problem. That would cost a lot of money Donald... Let me guess ,ever the profit maker, you could have Trump fleets of small boats that could cash in on the deal. The Trump boats would be more opulent and reserved for the more affluent illegals and therefore command better prices.

Icarus

Scientific American has an interesting article about walls, their history and social implications. 
https://blogs.scientificamerican.com/anthropology-in-practice/the-anthropological-truth-about-walls/

Dave

Listening to more businessmen and farmers in Yuma discussing their concerns about the potential. loss of manufactured goods customers and field workers. They are already suffering a Mexican "backlash" boycotting their shops.

As has been said before, repatriating work to America might actually defeat the idea of generating more jobs because the goods will be more expensive and not sell so well. Companies might close and jobs never appear or be lost.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dave

A British building organisation commissioned an estimate for the wall.

They reckon the bill would be closer to $30bn than $12bn and to be built over 5 years would need 40 000 workers. That''s if it comes in on time and on cost.

Will the work be continuously sustained through all westher conditions, will adequate materials be constantly available, will there be a continuous turnover of the right kind of workers . . .

Will the sales of explosives peak in Mexico?

Icarus

Quote from: Gloucester on March 14, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

The dipshit prez has not thought about that prospect has he? 

Arturo

Quote from: Icarus on March 14, 2017, 11:54:02 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on March 14, 2017, 09:27:51 AM

The dipshit prez has not thought about that prospect has he?

Mexico will have the best bombs...soon...
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Ecurb Noselrub

Here is my documentary on the wall.  It's not professional, and has mistakes and flaws, but I think it gets the point across.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7-TVBl8axyMdE8tVFZ5cURLcmM/view

Sandra Craft

Good job!  Too bad the scenery is as seriously distracting as it is -- it almost serves a double purpose of encouraging tourism.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Tank

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 29, 2017, 01:11:28 AM
Here is my documentary on the wall.  It's not professional, and has mistakes and flaws, but I think it gets the point across.

I'll watch this at home have no sound at work.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Tom62

Well done, Bruce! It was very interesting.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Tank

Quote from: Tank on March 29, 2017, 01:03:41 PM

I'll watch this at home have no sound at work.
Interesting. What an astonishing waste of money.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Good one, Bruce. You addressed the economics, the environmentals, the emotions, what did you miss?

Oh, yeah, the politics and the egos of Trump and his hangers on. Does Trump have all the trump cards or does he have to get this through Congress? Are the Republicans really stupid enough to sign it off?

PS: I should have mentioned that I recognised that your motives were produce a fairly rational argument, introducing politics and personalities would likely damage your purpose.

Ecurb Noselrub

Thanks for the comments.  The goal is to try to convince - someone, anyone.  If I get snarky, that would defeat the purpose.  But believe me, I want to get snarky.  If they actually build it, my tone will be substantially different.

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on March 29, 2017, 10:16:54 PM
Thanks for the comments.  The goal is to try to convince - someone, anyone.  If I get snarky, that would defeat the purpose.  But believe me, I want to get snarky.  If they actually build it, my tone will be substantially different.
I applaud your self control!

:boaterhat:

Icarus

I salute you for that effort Bruce.  You have done an exceptional job of reinforcing the stated purpose. You are one of the incredibly valuable few who have put their money where their mouth is. 

Our President has his head up his ass as do a good many of his supporters who have no idea what the real Texas border looks like.  I go along with Books who commented that your vid is almost a tourist attraction piece. In either case, well done my friend.