News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

Well, we lost Zuckerberg

Started by Firebird, December 31, 2016, 11:15:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Firebird

"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

xSilverPhinx

:reading:

:scratch: Does it really matter if he's not an atheist?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Bad Penny II

I don't think he ever truly was an atheist,
he was just trying to impress Posdibky.
Though she's so far out of his league,
his clumsy attempts were laughable.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Arturo

lol ^^^^^

But in all seriousness I don't think we really need Mark as an atheist as his influence isn't really far reaching. I mean he made facebook but as far as I know, he doesn't make public appearances.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

With a name like Zuckerberg it is not likely that he is a Muslim either. Whether he is an atheist is of no consequence.

Sandra Craft

I think Zuckerberg's atheism was mostly wishful thinking on other peoples part. 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Asmodean

...Who?

Yes, I do know. You can not not know in my profession, but I think more people here have no idea who he is than those who do.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Given my opinion of his creation, I could well come down on the side of considering this "loss" a gain.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Pasta Chick

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on January 01, 2017, 10:49:37 AM
I think Zuckerberg's atheism was mostly wishful thinking on other peoples part.

Agreed. It seems like both sides create "atheists" at will to further their own agenda (all of the US founding fathers; Hitler, etc).

The only benefit from Zuckerberg being atheist would be publicity. He offers nothing special otherwise. Personally I'd rather see a lukewarm "atheists" who have a problem with the church specifically "leave".

Asmodean

One thing I don't understand... Facebook is popular. It's a successful company. But is it a big deal?

A question of definitions, semantics and shades, I know, but... It doesn't seem to contribute anything worth wasting one's life on to oneself, humanity or this doomed planet of ours. That's my opinion. Whether or not the guy who created it is or ever was an atheist... As long as he doesn't push religion-related agenda, who the fuck cares?
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on January 02, 2017, 05:08:26 PM
One thing I don't understand... Facebook is popular. It's a successful company. But is it a big deal?

A question of definitions, semantics and shades, I know, but... It doesn't seem to contribute anything worth wasting one's life on to oneself, humanity or this doomed planet of ours. That's my opinion. Whether or not the guy who created it is or ever was an atheist... As long as he doesn't push religion-related agenda, who the fuck cares?
I temporarily joined it yonks ago when there was a Fb campaign to get Tesco and the Post Office to open a post office locally. The old post office was lost in a Tesco rebuild.

It worked, support came from locals and others who had been through the same process, even from abroad. So we got our post  office. Would we have done so without using the free publicity machine? Doubt it, Tesco were against it. Fb served a community service - I am sure it has done so elsewhere.

Then, after the severalth message similar to, "Pedro Gonzales  of Lima wants to be your friend..." when Pedro, or whoever, never replied to my contact message. Then I saw the anti-social side and dumped it. Dumping it was not easy back then!

This and Twitter have uses but the abuses catch most of the attention. And I don't want to know that an airhead blonde of my aquaitance woke up with a stinking hangover (thus with even fewer functioning brain cells) after a big party the night before. Actually she was only an airhead on Fb, at work she was alert and efficient, a quick learner.

Not interested in such media personally, forums like this serve me nicely thanks!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Firebird

Unfortunately it seems to be, as it was one of the biggest propagaters of fake news in the US that might have helped get Drumpf elected.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Arturo

Quote from: Firebird on January 02, 2017, 08:17:28 PM

Unfortunately it seems to be, as it was one of the biggest propagaters of fake news in the US that might have helped get Drumpf elected.

It's a big deal, but it's not worth spending any time over. Because you get to see how people are when they lose their filters and believe they will be acknowledge and validated for said lack of filters.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Asmodean

Quote from: Firebird on January 02, 2017, 08:17:28 PM

#makedonalddrumpfagain  ;)

Also, I absolutely recognise the validity of the above Points of view. It just seems like... The sum total of it all when it comes to improving... Well, anything, really, seems to be somewhat in the red.
In Asmo's grey lump,
Luxembourg trembles.