News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

New idea: Leave a Tree Behind (Instead of a Tombstone)

Started by WogglebugLovingFilms, December 14, 2016, 06:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragonia

Joeactor! You got to be a double for Harrison Ford in Enders game?!?!? That's so cool!   Of course, the book was WAY better than the movie, but I would have jumped at the chance.
And I have read about turning a loved one into a diamond or a gem. It's a crazy idea, but super expensive. And can you imagine losing THAT diamond?  :shocked:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

joeactor

Quote from: Dragonia on February 08, 2017, 08:40:43 PM
Joeactor! You got to be a double for Harrison Ford in Enders game?!?!? That's so cool!   Of course, the book was WAY better than the movie, but I would have jumped at the chance.
And I have read about turning a loved one into a diamond or a gem. It's a crazy idea, but super expensive. And can you imagine losing THAT diamond?  :shocked:

Thanks! Yeah, that was a lot of fun. Wish I got to meet him too, but it was just me in a booth. Doubled some other celebs too. If they can't play, I get paid!

Not sure how I feel about the diamond thing. It's a bit... weird... to wear a dead person. Maybe it's just me ;-)

Mr. B

You could always have your loved ones cremated ashes turned into a coffee mug.

https://cremationdesigns.com/product/coffee-mug/

It's a real thing that some people do. I suspect that the company just takes the ashes you send them and dump them into the trash then sell you a regular porcelain cup for $200 bucks.

But, if they actually do use the ashes of your loved ones to create a coffee cup....well....bottoms up mom. 
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Magdalena

Quote from: Mr. B on February 09, 2017, 05:25:39 AM
You could always have your loved ones cremated ashes turned into a coffee mug.

https://cremationdesigns.com/product/coffee-mug/

It's a real thing that some people do. I suspect that the company just takes the ashes you send them and dump them into the trash then sell you a regular porcelain cup for $200 bucks.

But, if they actually do use the ashes of your loved ones to create a coffee cup....well....bottoms up mom.
QuoteOur memorial products help fold the memory of passed loved ones into daily life by transforming ashes into remarkable design objects for your home.
OK.
Now...I think I want to come back as an ashtray.  :notsure:
Sorry but you are not allowed to view spoiler contents.

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

I suspect that the company just takes the ashes you send them and dump them into the trash then sell you a regular porcelain cup for $200 bucks.
Ah! Good business sense. Although, can one not like fertilise the office plants with them ashes in stead? Waste not! :tellmemore:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dragonia

Man... I am really in the wrong business. I could totally make those coffee cups, for WAY less than $200! I would mix your ashes into the actual clay, so you're actually part of the item, not just in the glaze. And Mags, that Ashtray, I could rock that Ashtray. I'll give everyone on this forum a fantastic deal.... when you die, I'll make whatever clay creation your family wants and I'm giving you all a great deal! Just use the code word "Dragon" at checkout and you'll get a 75% discount!
I'm feeling a new career coming..... kind of getting inspired....
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Bad Penny II

I'd like to be mulched, portioned into 100 gram bags, frozen and gifted to my kookaburra kin when the season turns averse.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Asmodean

Quote from: Dragonia on February 09, 2017, 01:22:47 PM
Man... I am really in the wrong business. I could totally make those coffee cups, for WAY less than $200! I would mix your ashes into the actual clay, so you're actually part of the item, not just in the glaze. And Mags, that Ashtray, I could rock that Ashtray. I'll give everyone on this forum a fantastic deal.... when you die, I'll make whatever clay creation your family wants and I'm giving you all a great deal! Just use the code word "Dragon" at checkout and you'll get a 75% discount!
The Asmo IS a clay creation.  >:(

Say, can you weave Him into some ash sculpture, perhaps?  :notsure:
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Dave

Quote from: Asmodean on February 09, 2017, 04:58:29 PM

The Asmo sounds pretty hard baked to start with . . .
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Mr. B

Quote from: Asmodean on February 09, 2017, 11:09:40 AM
I suspect that the company just takes the ashes you send them and dump them into the trash then sell you a regular porcelain cup for $200 bucks.
Ah! Good business sense. Although, can one not like fertilise the office plants with them ashes in stead? Waste not! :tellmemore:

I like the way you think.
"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it" - Evelyn Beatrice Hall

Arturo

Quote from: Asmodean on February 09, 2017, 04:58:29 PM

The Asmo is a clay creation? But if the Asmo is the Asmo, then who created the Asmo?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Icarus

I recently went for the Neptune society deal. They will...or at least promise to do the whole routine of retrieving the body, taking care of the legal stuff that is involved in the dying process, and cremating the remains, then furnishing a cheap ass plastic box in which to put the ashes. All in all it costs a whole lot less than a conventional funeral service and all the bullshit scams that the funeral homes do to inflate the price toward national debt status.

Now I learn that Dragonia will make my ashes into a coffee cut for cheap. I am up for that and I think it a hell of a bargain as well as a fitting end to my miserable carcass.  Hail to Dragonia for proposing a real business deal.

On the other hand there is the final disposition that Neil DeGrasse Tyson proposed for himself. Some Christian type asked what he would have done with him when he died. He said that he would die and not be embalmed, then buried in the earth so that his remains could provide some nourishment for whatever animal or vegetative life forms might profit from the chemical constituents of his body. That is in the same ball park as the tree thing, only more succinctly stated.  That bit is out there somewhere on YouTube video.

Sad to say that Niels preference is illegal in almost every state.