Author Topic: Children in Foster Care?  (Read 578 times)

WogglebugLovingFilms

• Made of Star Stuff
  • I make my dreams into movies
Children in Foster Care?
« on: December 13, 2016, 11:37:04 PM »
Does anyone know of any children, or people who have any, who are in or are from foster care, living with foster parents, ect? I am interested in research on this subject for a special purpose. I have heard that many foster children often develop certain fears that are sometimes unusual that may or may not be about the reasons as to why they were placed in the foster care system in the first place, even when it was for the very best of reasons. And also I may be interested in how likely or unlikely it would be for a foster child to become religious whether or not their foster parents were. I'll explain my reasons for this research later.
"We are of the Universe. No Gods Needed."

"Your Mind is a Garden. Your Thoughts are the Seeds. You Can Grow Flowers or You Can Grow Weeds."

"Always Remember Your Current Situation is Not the Final Destination. The Best is Yet to Come."

Asmodean

• The Grumpy Lumpy
  • Administrator
  • Luxembourg Trembles!
  • The GrayGod
Re: Children in Foster Care?
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2016, 03:05:54 AM »
Well... I know a foster parent. I've met the kids, but I don't know them beyond face and name recognition. Also, I keep in touch with some former group home kids and one former foster kid. My "merry band of strays."

I may offer some limited assistance with your questions if Norway is an applicable area of inquiry. However, I take privacy very seriously and, as such, I will not answer any direct questions of personal nature on behalf of others without their informed consent. I'm quite happy to discuss in general terms though, with no identifying marks of any kind.
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • I Spy With My Googly Eyes...
Re: Children in Foster Care?
« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2016, 03:16:40 AM »
My grand-aunt adopted a girl before having her own children, and she told her early on that she was adopted. The adopted is a middle-aged adult now and she turned out normal.
I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.