News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Test Your Gospel Knowledge

Started by Pasta Chick, December 11, 2016, 11:47:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pasta Chick

No one

INCORRECT!

Pasta Chick clearly states this was quite unenjoyable.

Icarus

My score was "clueless" I got zero out of 20 answers correct.  I did not actually try to get all of them wrong. It was easy though because I do not give a rats ass about what the KJV or similar books claim to be the words of god or those of his earthly toady scribes. 

Well damn I should have gotten some of them right because I really have read the book more than once. Must be the creeping senility.

xSilverPhinx

13. Who was Jesus' grandfather on his father's side?

This is confusing, was Jesus the son of an omnitemporal therefore fatherless God or not? :notsure:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Pasta Chick

Pasta Chick

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2016, 12:14:44 AM

This is confusing, was Jesus the son of an omnitemporal therefore fatherless God or not? :notsure:

I think they're asking about Joseph's father, but your question further proves the point of the whole thing.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on December 12, 2016, 12:39:33 AM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on December 12, 2016, 12:14:44 AM

I think they're asking about Joseph's father, but your question further proves the point of the whole thing.

Yeah, it's just too much for my head.  :headshake:

Dragonia

This quiz is actually funny, its a trick quiz! The point of the whole thing is that for every question's circumstance, both answers are in the bible. Its a lesson in some lesser known biblical contradictions, so nobody who takes the quiz will get even a single answer correct. Including me. Which is a little annoying, since I think I'm so smart when it comes to Bible stuff.  :P
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Velma

Quote from: Dragonia on December 13, 2016, 03:56:28 AM
This quiz is actually funny, its a trick quiz! The point of the whole thing is that for every question's circumstance, both answers are in the bible. Its a lesson in some lesser known biblical contradictions, so nobody who takes the quiz will get even a single answer correct. Including me. Which is a little annoying, since I think I'm so smart when it comes to Bible stuff.  :P
I restarted it after the first couple of questions just to be sure, but, yes, it is a trick quiz. For every question, I kept saying to myself that the answer depends on which gospel you are referring to.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Sandra Craft

Question 8 is upsetting after having just watched The Walking Dead.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Recusant

Hmm, dang, I got zero answers correct.  :sadnod:

I'm tempted to put a link to the quiz in my welcome posts--something along the lines of "If you're a Christian, I invite you to take this quiz on the New Testament and let us know how high you scored." That wouldn't be very friendly to them though.  :puppysnicker:
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

I got zero too, although I may have cheated a little by picking a sensible option when the opportunity presented itself.

That said, a quiz with only two alternatives per question, which on several occasions were "1" and "more than 1?"

...Beautifully crafted and intellectually challenging, that.  ::)
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Icarus on December 12, 2016, 12:13:59 AM
My score was "clueless" I got zero out of 20 answers correct.

Quote from: Recusant on December 13, 2016, 05:10:22 AM
Hmm, dang, I got zero answers correct.  :sadnod:

Quote from: Asmodean on December 13, 2016, 10:32:28 AM
I got zero too...

Now I don't feel so bad about my clueless score anymore. :P

I don't know enough about the Bible to have seen that it was a trick quiz, though it did seem statistically odd that not even one guess out of twenty had gotten a "CORRECT!" :notsure:

Asmodean

Personally, I've never had the inclination to memorize the damned thing by heart. The book was just too simplistic and unengaging for my taste. I like VAST works of fiction with intricacies and well-described worlds and intellectual and linguistic challenges for me as a reader... The two holy books I managed to get through were none of the above. The third was so full of the same kind of shit that I just gave it up.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

The quiz is presented as if all that biblical stuff (which  of the multitudinous  versions of biblical stuff?) is a matter of established historical certitude.

Them damned Xtians are a devious bunch.