News:

Unnecessarily argumentative

Main Menu

Gun-toting Delusional 'Investigator' in DC

Started by Recusant, December 08, 2016, 05:56:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Recusant

If you think you're about to confront a den of child-molesters with a history of murdering people who got in their way, I guess it makes sense to go there with a semi-automatic rifle. After all, in certain circles, it's well known that many people associated with the Clintons have died "mysteriously."  It's also been reported that Hillary Clinton's campaign manager was running a child sex ring out of a popular pizza shop.

Thankfully, we have upstanding right-wing Christian citizens like Edgar Welch who are willing to step up and confront the horror.

QuoteIn Washington, court documents say Welch fired an AR-15 rifle multiple times inside the restaurant but later exited with his hands up. He told police "he had read online that the Comet restaurant was harboring child sex slaves," and he wanted to investigate. He said he surrendered when he found no signs of children being held. Welch faces charges including assault with a dangerous weapon.

In recent years, Welch often mentioned his Christian faith. Interspersed with Facebook posts about his daughters are the registered Republican's musings on the Bible and religion.

Danielle Tillman of Raleigh said she met Welch a few months ago and has known his current girlfriend for years. She recalls Welch made her uncomfortable while talking at length about religion. At one point, he grabbed her hand and prayed, asking for "the demons to come out of me," she said.

[Continues . . .]

Fake news has been getting more attention in the past week or two. We've also had a thread or two about a possible differences between the ways that people with different political leanings approach information. Today I came across an interesting story that talks about that: "Why conservatives might be more likely to fall for fake news" | Washington Post

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Arturo

Oh I know just how people who fall for fake news are. These were the people who I knew, who were my age, and voted for Trump. They go on wikileaks and say that news outlets are full of lies and manipulation, but for some reason they trust wikileaks. Because? I have no damn idea. They have no standard for evidence, and one had no standard for logic. The one with no logic had not voted but he thought that Hillary was corrupt and that it was smart for people to vote for Trump because, he says, of what they have on her on wikileaks.

I tried to approach them logically and see why they all voted Trump or thought the way they did but it ended up turning into a verbal fight. I've said this before. But they think just because it's on wikileaks, it's the truth.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Velma

The portion of the US population has been driven fecking insane by fake news and conspiracy theories. There is a very high correlation between this group and Trump voters. At this point, the best we can hope for is that no one dies because some idiot believed some made-up nonsense.
Life is but a momentary glimpse of the wonder of the astonishing universe, and it is sad to see so many dreaming it away on spiritual fantasy.~Carl Sagan

Davin

Quote from: Recusant on December 08, 2016, 05:56:00 AM
If you think you're about to confront a den of child-molesters with a history of murdering people who got in their way, I guess it makes sense to go there with a semi-automatic rifle. After all, in certain circles, it's well known that many people associated with the Clintons have died "mysteriously."  It's also been reported that Hillary Clinton's campaign manager was running a child sex ring out of a popular pizza shop.

Thankfully, we have upstanding right-wing Christian citizens like Edgar Welch who are willing to step up and confront the horror.

QuoteIn Washington, court documents say Welch fired an AR-15 rifle multiple times inside the restaurant but later exited with his hands up. He told police "he had read online that the Comet restaurant was harboring child sex slaves," and he wanted to investigate. He said he surrendered when he found no signs of children being held. Welch faces charges including assault with a dangerous weapon.

In recent years, Welch often mentioned his Christian faith. Interspersed with Facebook posts about his daughters are the registered Republican's musings on the Bible and religion.

Danielle Tillman of Raleigh said she met Welch a few months ago and has known his current girlfriend for years. She recalls Welch made her uncomfortable while talking at length about religion. At one point, he grabbed her hand and prayed, asking for "the demons to come out of me," she said.

[Continues . . .]

Fake news has been getting more attention in the past week or two. We've also had a thread or two about a possible differences between the ways that people with different political leanings approach information. Today I came across an interesting story that talks about that: "Why conservatives might be more likely to fall for fake news" | Washington Post
I have a lot of mixed feelings about this. If people really believed that there were a child sex slave operation going down somewhere, why is there only one person willing to do anything about it? Either those people do not actually believe the stories or they are shitty human beings willing to allow human suffering. I feel that most of the people that perpetuate this bullshit have enough doubt about the stories to not take action, but still pretend to believe that it is true to further their agenda.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Nothing new, just more outlets for it and more people to be taken in.

People believing lies, falling for propaganda, has caused  massacres throughout history: more people + more lies = the potential for more deaths.

Even a mistaken word is dangerous to the inflamed or ignorant, a British pediatrician had her car wrecked and was beseiged in her house because a mob of locals thought it was synomynous with "pedophile".
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74