News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Help me understand...

Started by xSilverPhinx, November 09, 2016, 05:15:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 12, 2016, 07:16:17 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on November 12, 2016, 07:00:30 PM
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on November 12, 2016, 01:40:34 AM
Every nation has a few brilliant people, some smart but not brilliant people, a bunch of average folks, some dull folks, and a few idiots.  It's a Bell curve everywhere.

Pretty much. But some places have more educated people than others.

(I'm treating education levels as distinct from levels of intelligence.)

We have lots of educated people, and the best universities in the world. And we elected Trump.  Go figure.

But what is the ratio between uni educated people and non? Then what are the religious and/or political affiliations of your universities? I am sure that that those factors influence things.  In  America there seems to have been a far longer and bigger tradition of private, narrow syllabus, universities than elsewhere. Thst can make their intake self-selecting to a degree and thus influence the wider picture on graduation if they naintain the same values. - or even have them enhanced.

Complex picture?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Davin

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-trump-fha-cut-20170120-story.html

QuoteThe move by the Department of Housing and Urban Development — one of the first acts of Trump's administration — reversed a policy announced in the waning days of the Obama presidency that would have trimmed insurance premiums for typical borrowers by hundreds of dollars a year.

Yep, first thing Trump does is screw over everyone with FHA loans.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dredge

Perhaps Trumpism signals, firstly, the beginning of the end of cultural Marxism globally, which is inevitable after all, since that degree of BS can't possibly survive the test of time.  Next, perhaps it signals the beginning of the end of the culture built on the values of the so-called Enlightenment.  I hope so.   I have a dream - to see the demise of the nonsense religion of equality ... for starters. 

The Trumpster makes me want to be American!  After he's drained the swamp in the US, please send him to Australia so he can clean up here too.  Come to think of it, the Catholic Church could use a Pope with certain Trumpster qualities.  This current Pope is a Loony Left clown.
Follow the evidence wherever it leads.

Arturo

Quote from: Dredge on January 25, 2017, 06:13:34 AM
Perhaps Trumpism signals, firstly, the beginning of the end of cultural Marxism globally, which is inevitable after all, since that degree of BS can't possibly survive the test of time.  Next, perhaps it signals the beginning of the end of the culture built on the values of the so-called Enlightenment.  I hope so.   I have a dream - to see the demise of the nonsense religion of equality ... for starters. 

The Trumpster makes me want to be American!  After he's drained the swamp in the US, please send him to Australia so he can clean up here too.  Come to think of it, the Catholic Church could use a Pope with certain Trumpster qualities.  This current Pope is a Loony Left clown.

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Firebird

Why exactly are you here? No really. What do you hope to accomplish by wasting your time with us? Do you just get off on being provocative for the hell of it? Because you're not actually posting anything substantive.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Dave

Quote from: Firebird on January 25, 2017, 02:04:03 PM

Why exactly are you here? No really. What do you hope to accomplish by wasting your time with us? Do you just get off on being provocative for the hell of it? Because you're not actually posting anything substantive.

That's no way to talk to the likes of Dredge - you have just let it know it has under your dkin.

It is only worth responding to people who willing to debate, not so with the Dredgings of the world. They are immune to sense, strangers to logic and enemies of rationality.

And, it might seem from Apathy's post, a stalker. That alone, if so, deserves banishment in my sense of values. Such are contaminents in the world.

Dredge

Quote from: Firebird on January 25, 2017, 02:04:03 PM
Why exactly are you here? No really. What do you hope to accomplish by wasting your time with us?
Chicko said it would expand my mind to interact with atheists, and happy atheists are the best kind of atheists. 
QuoteDo you just get off on being provocative for the hell of it? Because you're not actually posting anything substantive.
Provocative?  Which parts did you find provocative and why?

Not substantive?  Surely you jest!  Your problem is envy: My posts are informative, interesting, deep (so deep), intellectually-challenging, awe-inspiring, formidable, thought-provoking and popular - and yours are not.  

Dredge

Quote from: Gloucester on January 25, 2017, 03:11:44 PM
That's no way to talk to the likes of Dredge - you have just let it know it has under your dkin.

It is only worth responding to people who willing to debate, not so with the Dredgings of the world. They are immune to sense, strangers to logic and enemies of rationality.

And, it might seem from Apathy's post, a stalker. That alone, if so, deserves banishment in my sense of values. Such are contaminents in the world.
Oh deary, deary me ... this is not very nice; not good and not nice, at all.  I thought you were my friend!  Deep in your heart, don't mean these hurtful and hateful things you say about me.  Of this, I am sure.

A "stalker" - that accusation is so bizarre.  It's fake news and an alternative fact.

Dave

Quote from: Dredge on January 27, 2017, 06:30:11 AM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 25, 2017, 03:11:44 PM

Oh deary, deary me ... this is not very nice; not good and not nice, at all.  I thought you were my friend!  Deep in your heart, don't mean these hurtful and hateful things you say about me.  Of this, I am sure.

A "stalker" - that accusation is so bizarre.  It's fake news and an alternative fact.
I was merely reporting what another said - and, though I do not wish you any ill I certainly do not consider you a friend. This forum might be a better place without your contributions - though some seem to enjoy tilting at your windmills.

I have little time for you, Dredge, but I hope you live a ling life and prosper through honest endeavour.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Dredge on January 27, 2017, 05:29:45 AM
Your problem is envy: My posts are informative, interesting, deep (so deep), intellectually-challenging, awe-inspiring, formidable, thought-provoking and popular - and yours are not. 

Might I remind you that you already have 2 strikes, and if you're having trouble looking for 'provocative', there it is, right there.   
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on January 27, 2017, 09:23:13 AM
...though some seem to enjoy tilting at your windmills.

Tank made a good point somewhere else that if not for the creationist, then for some indecisive lurker who might be reading. I don't see it as a vain attempt as I don't engage Dredge for Dredge, I couldn't care less if he gets it or not.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Dave

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on January 27, 2017, 01:24:09 PM

Tank made a good point somewhere else that if not for the creationist, then for some indecisive lurker who might be reading. I don't see it as a vain attempt as I don't engage Dredge for Dredge, I couldn't care less if he gets it or not.
A goodly point - wonder how many lurkers are lurking?

Davin

Quote from: Gloucester on January 27, 2017, 02:42:02 PM

I like reading people tearing Dredge's bullshit apart. Even though it looks like Dredge is just trolling.

Dave

Quote from: Davin on January 27, 2017, 03:02:48 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on January 27, 2017, 02:42:02 PM

I like reading people tearing Dredge's bullshit apart. Even though it looks like Dredge is just trolling.
Perhaps I am just jaded by seeing so many Dredge type theist clones, Pahu, Randy Ruggles,TheBorg etc etc have the same facts and rational arguments bounce off their armour. Trolls flourish best when given attention.