News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

Apathy's YouTube Channel

Started by Arturo, November 03, 2016, 09:40:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arturo

Hi. I said before I wanted to start a youtube thing going so I can talk to...something. Here's my Channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCS4lZeHRFQ0eX9ocbwI0uKQ

I use the name Pile OfDishes to hide my identity but you know it's me because I allow it.

And here is my latest video as of today:

It's Halloween themed. I wanted to get it up ON Halloween but that's when I thought of the idea so time did not allow, sorry folks. I hope you enjoy!
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

joeactor

Hey Apathy,

That was cool. Really enjoyed the information about your ancestors beliefs. New stuff for me, and fascinating.

If it's ok, I have a *tiny* bit of feedback. It may flow better if you script it out beforehand. Or if you don't want to go that far, just jot down the major points and riff on them in order.

Definitely keep at it. Practice makes perfect, and you've got some good perspectives to share.

I subbed!
JoeActor

Arturo

Thanks JoeActor! I appreciate your sub!

Quote from: joeactor on November 03, 2016, 11:03:48 PM
It may flow better if you script it out beforehand. Or if you don't want to go that far, just jot down the major points and riff on them in order.

I actually did that because there was so much information I wanted to get out there. And because there was so much stuff I came out all stumbled and what not. I'm used to just speaking off the top of my head but I'm working on being more concise.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

I liked it, Apathy. I also agree with Joeactor.

~You also have a soothing voice.  :)

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

Very interesting, Apathy. You've got my sub as well. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

No one

Kudos to you Mr. Jeffery Pile Of Dishes Goldblum for releasing the video 11 months ahead of your October 31st deadline. I did not recognize you without all the Hollywood lights and pizzazz.

Arturo

Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

Latest Video. Today I get into the mental aspects of martial arts. So Dragonia, I hope you're pleased.  :grin:

Arturo The1  リ壱

Dragonia

:) Good point, I haven't run in about 6 months and I'm quite sure I've lost it....
But what I would want to know about the mental aspects of martial arts is, What are you thinking about in a match? What is your focus? How do your thoughts affect your fighting skills? Are there ways that you train your mind over the years, as you train your body also?
Because I don't just want to be a skillz ninja, I want to be a mental ninja too!  ;D
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Arturo

Quote from: Dragonia on November 06, 2016, 06:48:35 PM
:) Good point, I haven't run in about 6 months and I'm quite sure I've lost it....
But what I would want to know about the mental aspects of martial arts is, What are you thinking about in a match? What is your focus? How do your thoughts affect your fighting skills? Are there ways that you train your mind over the years, as you train your body also?
Because I don't just want to be a skillz ninja, I want to be a mental ninja too!  ;D

Hmm well it's been quite some time since I've been in a fight but what I remember is, I was mad. I would let myself get good and angry and then just go to town. I could make a video answering your questions as the answers could take up quiet a bit of time.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Dragonia

See, I've always had it in my brain that you're supposed to let your anger go, or rise above it, and transform it into some energy from the universe to focus your mind/body connection to hone you into an unstoppable force. Ummm, maybe I've watched too many movies....
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Arturo

Yeah movies don't go for much in the way of emotional intelligence lol. I've been told by people (who thought they were smarter than me because they were older) not to be angry. But HOW do you just not be angry? And at the risk of sounding like a spoiled brat, when is it ok for someone to be in charge of MY emotions? I became an atheist after that happened because I wanted to come to my own conclusions and have my own meaning in life outside of another's dogma. Freedom of choice and freedom of thought.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Arturo

New video where I answer Dragonia's questions

EDIT: Forgot video link :o
     Arturo The1  リ壱

solidsquid

It's been about 13 years since I did any consistent training.  Flexibility - gone.  Speed - I used to be fiber-optic, now I'm dial-up. Precision and accuracy of execution - sloppy like an elderly couple...well you get the idea.  My lin wan kuen (chain punches) are still decent apparently, although I had to sell my bag and stand a little while back during some tough times.  Grad school and work get in the way too which doesn't help.

Arturo

Quote from: solidsquid on November 13, 2016, 10:36:22 PM
It's been about 13 years since I did any consistent training.  Flexibility - gone.  Speed - I used to be fiber-optic, now I'm dial-up. Precision and accuracy of execution - sloppy like an elderly couple...well you get the idea.  My lin wan kuen (chain punches) are still decent apparently, although I had to sell my bag and stand a little while back during some tough times.  Grad school and work get in the way too which doesn't help.

Yeah what stopped me was money issues. But I plan on going back in the summer if I have the money that I expect I will. Will also be going to school at this time but I don't expect that to be an issue since it will be for welding trade. Only thing I need to worry about is when I finish school because I will not have the money available like I do now.

What style of martial arts did you practice?
     Arturo The1  リ壱