News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Is This What Quantum Mechanics Looks Like?

Started by joeactor, November 03, 2016, 07:48:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

joeactor

Here's an interesting YouTube video about using a speaker to vibrate a petri dish with silicone oil:

I thought the double-slit approximation and tunneling effect were of particular interest.

Icarus

Kool stuff Joe. It fits the mind ( or what remains of the mind) of the weird Icarus rather nicely.

joeactor

Quote from: Icarus on November 03, 2016, 10:44:53 PM
Kool stuff Joe. It fits the mind ( or what remains of the mind) of the weird Icarus rather nicely.

Yeah - I always had problems with the weirdness in quantum mechanics. Helps me a bit to at least have a visual reference. Even if it's flawed (or totally wrong!)

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: joeactor on November 03, 2016, 10:46:54 PM
Quote from: Icarus on November 03, 2016, 10:44:53 PM

Yeah - I always had problems with the weirdness in quantum mechanics. Helps me a bit to at least have a visual reference. Even if it's flawed (or totally wrong!)

I agree. :grin:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

I mostly liked it, but the part near the end bugged me. No, reality doesn't come down to what you prefer.
Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Recusant

Thank you for posting that, joeactor. It was neat the way the videographer connected the phenomena he was seeing with an old hypothesis about the quantum physics world.

The video he promoted at the end is worth a look as well, even if it's not about quantum physics.

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

joeactor

Quote from: Recusant on November 04, 2016, 04:26:13 PM
Thank you for posting that, joeactor. It was neat the way the videographer connected the phenomena he was seeing with an old hypothesis about the quantum physics world.

The video he promoted at the end is worth a look as well, even if it's not about quantum physics.

Whoa! That was cool... loved the cello part at the end. Thanks, Rec!