Let's sit around the virtual camp fire and share scary bible stories.

Started by MatureMcLeod, October 21, 2016, 03:13:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on November 02, 2016, 10:01:57 AM
Utterly genderless. Also, they have no navels.

So they're like what the religious call, "angels" --but His Minions have no wings, arms, navel, or legs?   :chin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on November 03, 2016, 01:03:20 AM
Well, no, they do not. But they are evil.  :smilenod:

I believe Him.  :smilenod:

If He made them in His image...
That fierce gaze and those eyebrows! Lethal! :worried:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Asmodean

Arms. Hmph! >:( Legs. Bah! >:( As His mesiah, the Anti-John Nonnel, once said, "All you need is evil."
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Magdalena

Quote from: Asmodean on November 03, 2016, 01:29:28 AM
Arms. Hmph! >:( Legs. Bah! >:( As His mesiah, the Anti-John Nonnel, once said, "All you need is evil."

:dance1:
"All you need is evil, all you need is evil,
All you need is evil, evil. Evil is all you need...
...Evil is all you need..."

I love that song!

Recusant

"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Icarus

^ Mr. D. nails it with inconvenient evidence and cruel logic.

Sandra Craft

^ They misspelled "altar", and I'm sorry I'm the sort of person who notices such things.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Icarus

Not to be sorry Sandy.  You have been plenty cool with any critique that you have made now or in the past.

Essie Mae

Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 14, 2016, 02:02:05 AM
^ They misspelled "altar", and I'm sorry I'm the sort of person who notices such things.
American spelling?

Pastors I knew would just dismiss all that as the expected attacks on Xianity. There is a bible verse saying that would happen, but I can't remember it. One otherwise lovely church member conducted a year-long bible study, (an hour each Tuesday evening), explaining, rationalising and justifying the OT.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Arturo

I think one ease of the "morals" the bible "teaches" you, is that it's convenient. If you don't have to go through life thinking for yourself, you can just regurgitate anything you read, or are told, from the bible. And you can feel it's totally justified because you listen to a guy preach about it every week or so and listen to it from your family, friends, co-workers, ect.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Essie Mae

Quote from: Apathy on November 15, 2016, 07:51:07 PM
I think one ease of the "morals" the bible "teaches" you, is that it's convenient. If you don't have to go through life thinking for yourself, you can just regurgitate anything you read, or are told, from the bible. And you can feel it's totally justified because you listen to a guy preach about it every week or so and listen to it from your family, friends, co-workers, ect.

Very true, but it was those sessions on the OT which stared the domino effect of gradual disbelief ending in unequivocal atheism for me.
Hell is empty and all the devils are here. Wm Shakespeare

Sandra Craft

Quote from: Essie Mae on November 15, 2016, 09:23:53 AM
Quote from: BooksCatsEtc on November 14, 2016, 02:02:05 AM
American spelling?

Nah, we recognize the difference between "alter" and "altar", but some people just seem not to know it.
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany