When are we going to make Childhood Indoctrination illegal?

Started by MatureMcLeod, October 16, 2016, 08:16:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatureMcLeod

I understand that someone has the freedom of religion, but not to force it on their children and harm them for doubting. I seen kids as young as 10 get kicked out for actually knowing what is in the Bible. I also see them teaching their kids that things like stealing and murder are okey dokey because their God said it. I deal with people preaching Christianity to me every day by my friends, family and even random strangers and I have to be silent. I am a Taoist and I just want to end my life because of all the harm Christianity has done to me by Indoctrination. Should I do it?

Pasta Chick

Sandra Craft

Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

Pasta Chick

I also feel I should maybe elaborate since the poster is actively making suicidal threats... I do not support offing yourself because Christians exist, or because people online think you should. I'm simply past the point of comprehending what the OP's objective here is, considering they consistently refuse to engage at all let alone listen to anything that is said, yet they have consistently shown major red flags for severe mental illness. Maybe they're trolling, but that assumption isn't safe when someone is threatening their life. Theres just nothing left to say here.

Recusant

Quote from: MatureMcLeod on October 16, 2016, 08:16:57 PM
. . . I am a Taoist and I just want to end my life because of all the harm Christianity has done to me by Indoctrination. Should I do it?

In my opinion, the answer is no. You're a young person who can and should try to make things better in this world, instead of letting it get the better of you. The experiences you're having now may be valuable to you later on, to that end.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Asmodean

These are dangerous waters you are asking us to navigate, McLeod. I'll come to play, but mostly to share an opinion on the legitimacy and wisdom of your question;

So... Should you kill yourself? I don't know. I don't know you, nor I suppose does any one else on this message board. All I have to go by is a superficial understanding of your HaF alter ego. I don't know whether or not this person accurately represents the guy behind the keyboard. For that reason, I think it is unwise, not to mention ethically questionable, of you to ask me that question. The outcome of your decision is too important for that actual person behind MatureMcLeod to be left to a stranger, and this particular stranger could frankly do without the responsibility his advice may burden him with.

That out of the way, if you are in a situation where the shit in your life out-paces your coping capabilities, then you should consider getting professional help. If there are people who can actually help you dig yourself out of that hole, why not use them?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Icarus

If you were indoctrinated in the Christian faith and then developed a more nearly intellectual stance, eventually becoming a Taoist, then how does that make you contemplate the gas pipe?  That makes no sense to me.

You are a real person with a real claim to the right to live peacefully and unharmed by a delusional set of beliefs imposed on you by others. Let those others do their own thing at their own peril. You can be free of all that by merely deciding to be free and meaning it.

Arturo

^^^^^^

I understand where you're coming from. I was near indoctrinated by my step mother. I also have a background in martial arts in which some beliefs helped shape who I am. One thing I have always realized is that I cannot see through other people's eyes, and they can't see through mine. Only I can make my life better...or make it worse. I know some people are seemingly malintentive but again, I don't have that persons's background to know what made them make the decisions they made. I only know what's going on in my head.

I do not know what you are going through, I can only guess by some words you put on this forum BUT you can only do the same by what I put on this forum. That is empathy. I cannot make decisions for you, I just hope this informs you that your mind is your own and does not belong to Christians, your family, your friends, or anyone. You are your own person.
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱