News:

If you have any trouble logging in, please contact admins via email. tankathaf *at* gmail.com or
recusantathaf *at* gmail.com

Main Menu

My mother saw an my anti Christian Facebook post I wrote.

Started by MatureMcLeod, October 07, 2016, 05:05:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatureMcLeod

So I live with my grandmother and me and my mom usually communicate online. My grandmother is really religious and my mom is too. I usually keep my mouth shut about it, because I usually face extreme punishments if I came out, such as death threats and starvation. When I started having doubts at 18, I was dumb and posted the quotes I had doubts about directly on Facebook. We didn't have websites like this at at the time. And I was slapped and my head was slammed into the door multiple times.

Now I'm older and I would NEVER post anything directly on Facebook, or even message them. But I do follow antiChristian pages, and there was a post by one that said that prayer never works. And I wrote that the 0.001 percent of the time it does work it is considered by Christians a "miracle", but the 99.999% of the time it doesn't work Christians say it's mysterious and ignore just like their bible. Then I said that Christianity is just a child's game for adults. Like I said, I didn't post this directly on Facebook, but on an anti religion page. I just got a message from mom saying that she saw it and I get my punishment tomorrow when I come to her house. We have to go there because of a hurricane coming towards the state. I'm so scared and scarred of what will happen. What should I do?

Asmodean

"Get your punishment"

...Dude, how old are you? What exactly makes you incapable of preventing her from doing to you that which you do not want done?
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Pasta Chick

Given that you are over 18... why is it that you have not left this environment? Again, if there are problems with money, obtaining work, or a general psychological mindfuck of abuse, THERE IS HELP FOR THAT.

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Pasta Chick on October 07, 2016, 11:02:35 AM
Given that you are over 18... why is it that you have not left this environment? Again, if there are problems with money, obtaining work, or a general psychological mindfuck of abuse, THERE IS HELP FOR THAT.

:this:
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

MatureMcLeod

We get along just fine if I tell them I am a Christian, but if I came out all hell breaks out.
I am trying to save the money and get more hours. I am wanting to save $1000 before moving out. But I am afraid that I will be homeless if I come out. That means no job, no college, etc.

Asmodean

So granny is liable to kick you out if your mother outs you..? Well, that does suck. If this happens, you can at least tell them that a random European on the Internet said that they were horrible people.

Beyond that, I'm not sure my suggestions would be too helpful in your particular situation, but what I would do is run, burn bridges, then start putting my life back together one piece at a time. It IS taxing though. Very taxing and often frustrating and certainly time- and nerve-consuming.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

No one

Pasta Chick

Have you looked at other resources like shelters for domestic abuse victims? Many of the things you describe are criminal.

Of course in abusive situations, you have two choices: you play the game the best of your ability (by definition of abuse, it will not be possible to fully avoid incident, as this is a problem with them, not you) or you get all the way out. So pressing charges may not be in your best interest at all. In fact it generally escalates a situation. However, it may be helpful in getting out if it opens access to other resources.

I would look for local resources like that... if you're coming up short make an appointment with a regular physician and bring it up then. NOT your family's church-based hospital. Make something up to tell the family if you need an excuse. Doctors will have a list of places you can contact. After speaking with some people you can decide if it's in your best interest to sit tight or leave.

If you decide to stay, you HAVE TO play their game. The shit they are doing is not going to stop. It sucks but it's necessary for your safety.