News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

How do I stop debating Christians on yahoo answers?

Started by MatureMcLeod, September 29, 2016, 01:14:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MatureMcLeod

So in real life I am like any average guy. I don't preach religion or atheism and I don't look up harmful stuff online or offline. But I live with a family that does. They preach the Bible 24/7 but when I quote the bad stuff in there, like every crime in human history, they say it's perfectly reasonable and okey dokey. I've expected this with Christians and it annoys the HELL out of me. I usually don't get angry in real life, but whenever Christians justify things like pedo it pisses me off. I come on yahoo answers about 30 mins a day and I debate believers who are doing only doing harm. I quote horrible stuff in the Bible that would get anyone arrested, and believers keep on the god glasses and justify it. But sometimes I wonder if I'm going to be arrested for quoting these horrible bible quotes to them. I was flipping out when my phone played a siren because it updated to a new alarm. At the end of the day, I want to do good for humanity and can't escape Christians persecuting me. I also never say anything about it on Facebook. What should I do about this?

Sandra Craft

Calm down.  You're not being persecuted, you're only being disagreed with.  And the Gov't can't arrest you for your opinions on religion, it's prohibited by the Constitution.  Seriously, your life, in the bible belt or elsewhere, will be easier when you stop being a drama queen.  As to how to stop debating Xtians on Yahoo answers, stop reading Yahoo answers.  Why did you even need to ask that question? 
Sandy

"Life is short, and it is up to you to make it sweet."  Sarah Louise Delany

No one

Uh, usually when I don't want to do something, I simply just don't do it.
For example:
Problem: A movie comes out that I don't want to see.
Solution: I don't watch it.

Tom62

Quote from: No one on September 29, 2016, 05:56:19 AM
Uh, usually when I don't want to do something, I simply just don't do it.
For example:
Problem: A movie comes out that I don't want to see.
Solution: I don't watch it.

Yes, that is indeed the best approach! Only thing I like to add, is don't let anything or anyone go on your nerves.
It is just not worth it.
The universe never did make sense; I suspect it was built on government contract.
Robert A. Heinlein

Pasta Chick

I've touched on this several times before and youved clearly ignored it, so I will rudely, bluntly beat you over the head with it: YOU NEED QUALIFIED PSYCHOLOGICAL HELP. LIKE, 5 MONTHS AGO. GET HELP.

Asmodean

'Sides, gives you a nice topic of conversation around the sophisticated table at the local watering hole. At least in my circles, complaining about the cost effectiveness of psychologists is a must every now and then.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

MatureMcLeod

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: MatureMcLeod on September 29, 2016, 12:04:12 PM
Thanks guys, you really helped me.

It seems to me like you're looking for a particular answer or validation.  ::) What might that answer be?
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Asmodean

The Asmo can approve and validate it with His Divine Powers, but it has to be detrimental to the well-being of certain mountain-nations. A standard Asmoic contract.
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

OldGit

MatureMcLeod

I think I got the help I needed. I feel bad for people 25 years ago who didn't have forums like this.

existentialcrisis

Quote from: MatureMcLeod on September 29, 2016, 01:14:17 AM
So in real life I am like any average guy. I don't preach religion or atheism and I don't look up harmful stuff online or offline. But I live with a family that does. They preach the Bible 24/7 but when I quote the bad stuff in there, like every crime in human history, they say it's perfectly reasonable and okey dokey. I've expected this with Christians and it annoys the HELL out of me. I usually don't get angry in real life, but whenever Christians justify things like pedo it pisses me off. I come on yahoo answers about 30 mins a day and I debate believers who are doing only doing harm. I quote horrible stuff in the Bible that would get anyone arrested, and believers keep on the god glasses and justify it. But sometimes I wonder if I'm going to be arrested for quoting these horrible bible quotes to them. I was flipping out when my phone played a siren because it updated to a new alarm. At the end of the day, I want to do good for humanity and can't escape Christians persecuting me. I also never say anything about it on Facebook. What should I do about this?

Relax, you will not be able to open closed minds. Don't waste your time with them. Before you wash your hands with them, tell them if they want to believe that the earth got flooded after only 40 days of rain, so be it. Tell them you are done discussing basic science with morons and move on.

Before you slam the virtual door in their face...give them this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Criticism_of_Christianity

and this: https://whynogod.wordpress.com/

And show them any darkmatter2525 video. Then say "good bye" and "enjoy your life of delusion". Don't let them drag you down.

There are no facts, only interpretations. - Friedrich Nietzche

The way to see by faith is to shut the eye of reason. - Benjamin Franklin.

Dragonia

If you've been around Christian circles much, which I assume you have been, there is a grand sentiment that conveys the idea that "We can't argue Sinners into heaven, God has to be the one to convince their hearts and lead them to himself." Are you familiar with this? You've probably heard it a thousand times. Well, the same goes the other direction. Until Christians are mentally in a place where they can hear logic and the actual real truth, and their hearts are in the right place, you might as well be talking to a brick wall.
So, I know it may be easier said than done, but seriously-- just quit going to those discussion boards. You're going to make yourself crazy for nothing.
I think you are still having a lot of angst about who you are and what you believe, especially knowing that you are still under the collective thumb of your family. My advice to you is to start looking internally at yourself and figure out what is important to you, both in a civic sense and a personal sense. Who are you, and what things do you want to stand for? Then start working on those things. The Christians on yahoo answers will take care of themselves, but they are not your problem!
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

Icarus