Author Topic: John Kasich complaining about Daniel Radcliffe  (Read 364 times)

Firebird

• Taste's like chicken
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
John Kasich complaining about Daniel Radcliffe
« on: September 07, 2016, 08:29:37 PM »
Why? Because he's a stinking atheist!!
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

BooksCatsEtc

• Surprisingly OK
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Reason
Re: John Kasich complaining about Daniel Radcliffe
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2016, 10:08:59 PM »
Oh well, at least he got one thing right by being a Trump detractor.
Sandy

"I think this is the prettiest world -- as long as you don't mind a little dying, how could there be a day in your whole life that doesn't have its splash of happiness?"  from The Kingfisher, by Mary Oliver

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
The "Best of a Bad Crop"
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2016, 03:10:45 AM »
Plenty of Republicans and many Democrats viewed John Kasich as the best of the candidates trying for the Republican nomination for President of the United States. He may actually have been the least objectionable candidate on the Republican side, depending on your views, but I never really considered him a good choice for the office. His latest appearance in the news cycle shows one of the reasons for my position--he's a small-minded Christian blowhard.

"John Kasich on Daniel Radcliffe: ‘What the hell is wrong with him?’" | The Boston Globe

So John Kasich walks into a bookstore. And somehow a celebrity beef ensues.

Kasich — the Republican governor of Ohio, former presidential candidate and current Donald Trump detractor - was on a tour of downtown Exeter, New Hampshire, last week with gubernatorial candidate Chris Sununu, the son of former Sen. John Sununu. The political entourage walked into a local bookstore, and Kasich happened upon a copy of Harry Potter. This is when things got weird.

‘‘You know that Daniel Radcliffe has declared himself an atheist?’’ Kasich said, apropos of nothing, according to a report in the Concord Monitor. ‘‘I’m serious. What a weird thing. Why would a guy who has had all that success just, I mean, what the hell is wrong with him?’’

[Continues . . .]
« Last Edit: September 09, 2016, 12:41:01 AM by Recusant »
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

• Non Dvcor
  • Global Moderator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • I Spy With My Googly Eyes...
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2016, 04:07:44 PM »
 :rofl:
Oh, some people...

Excuse me while I collect my sides.

I'm just a student of the game that they taught me.

Icarus

• The wise one.
  • Blessing Her Holy Hooves
Re: The "Best of a Bad Crop"
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2016, 05:05:11 PM »
In my most generous mode, I will posit that Kasich could  have meant that Radcliffe was shooting himself in the foot by revealing his least advantageous sales tool.  Naaah!  Never mind, Kasich was probably doing the xtian thing.

No one

• Free of Childhood Neuroses
Re: The "Best of a Bad Crop"
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2016, 09:19:35 PM »
Well, in his defense, being a politician being so full of deceit, corruption, dishonesty, deception, treachery, and hypocrisy leaves little room for rational thinking or common sense.

Recusant

• Miscreant Erendrake
  • Administrator
  • Guardian of Reason
  • infidel barbarian
« Reply #6 on: September 09, 2016, 12:43:02 AM »
Threads merged. My apologies for failing to find yours, Firebird--I should have looked in "Current Events" as well as "Politics."
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Firebird

• Taste's like chicken
  • Touched by His Noodly Appendage
« Reply #7 on: September 09, 2016, 10:03:49 AM »
Threads merged. My apologies for failing to find yours, Firebird--I should have looked in "Current Events" as well as "Politics."

No worries!  :)
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Arturo

• Formerly known as Apathy
  • Not Defeated by the Dark Night of the Soul
  • Atheist, Humanist, and Champion
    • You two dig up, dig up dinosaurs?
Some guy talks about Athiesm and Daniel Radcliffe
« Reply #8 on: September 09, 2016, 11:32:43 AM »
I encourage you to watch the video and read the whole thing until the bottom. It's not a lengthy post.

http://www.salon.com/2016/09/08/watch-john-kasichs-strange-remarks-chastising-daniel-radcliffe-for-being-an-atheist/
But, uh...well there it is.