News:

Nitpicky? Hell yes.

Main Menu

Cirio's Introduction

Started by Dave, August 14, 2016, 10:51:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Cirio, why not tell us a little of yourself, that interesting name for example. Maybe your stance on life?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Cirio

Quote from: Gloucester on August 14, 2016, 10:51:18 PM
Cirio, why not tell us a little of yourself, that interesting name for example. Maybe your stance on life?
Patience!
I'm glad I don't have to be afraid of going to hell.....

Dave

Quote from: Cirio on August 14, 2016, 10:58:44 PM
Patience!
Hmm? Most see that as a first post, so readers have something to give context to later ones and thus tend not to get the stick by the wrong end.

Cirio

Quote from: Gloucester on August 14, 2016, 11:06:11 PM
Patience!
Hmm? Most see that as a first post, so readers have something to give context to later ones and thus tend not to get the stick by the wrong end.
Patience, I said.
I'm glad I don't have to be afraid of going to hell.....

Dave

Quote from: Cirio on August 14, 2016, 11:07:29 PM
Quote from: Gloucester on August 14, 2016, 11:06:11 PM
Patience!
Patience, I said.
Oh, I see.

Icarus

Let us not hijack this introductory thread. It originally belonged to Merx, our only Estonian friend.  The people of the Baltic states are most interesting because they have been bounced around socially and politically. My experience is that they are  generally intelligent, good, and decent humans that can make valuable members of an international forum such as this one. 

Derailing into an exchange with Cirio is not cool. Perhaps we can have a separate thread for our conversation with Cirio. He/she  may also be an asset to the forum.

Recusant

Quote from: Icarus on August 16, 2016, 12:12:25 AMPerhaps we can have a separate thread for our conversation with Cirio. He/she  may also be an asset to the forum.

Agreed. Thread split imminent. Now please everyone, lock your wigs, let the air out of your shoes, and prepare yourself for a period of simulated exhilaration.  :)
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

Tank

Diabalo III fan be the look of it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on August 16, 2016, 12:12:25 AM
Let us not hijack this introductory thread. It originally belonged to Merx, our only Estonian friend.  The people of the Baltic states are most interesting because they have been bounced around socially and politically. My experience is that they are  generally intelligent, good, and decent humans that can make valuable members of an international forum such as this one. 

Derailing into an exchange with Cirio is not cool. Perhaps we can have a separate thread for our conversation with Cirio. He/she  may also be an asset to the forum.
Oops, newbie lack of historical knowledge, thought it was a general intro thread as on other forums.

joeactor

Quote from: Tank on August 16, 2016, 06:51:35 AM

Oooohhh... do tell! ;-)

Welcome, Cirio!

Dave

Quote from: joeactor on August 16, 2016, 09:12:56 PM
Quote from: Tank on August 16, 2016, 06:51:35 AM

Oooohhh... do tell! ;-)

Welcome, Cirio!

We still have to be patient it seems . . .

Is the Diabalo thing a ref to his user name?

All I found were refs to an Italian food company, mainly tomatoes.