News:

There is also the shroud of turin, which verifies Jesus in a new way than other evidences.

Main Menu

Talking to myself . . .

Started by Dave, July 04, 2016, 07:38:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xSilverPhinx

And since he probably lacks a sense of smell, he thought, why not? 
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Recusant on February 01, 2017, 08:19:31 PM
There might be a good explanation for it. There's a rush project on, and he doesn't really have time for lunch. Nature called, though, so he thought he'd get two things taken care of in the limited time available. As long as precautions are taken, no harm done. In fact, it makes a sort of sense not to lock the stall door in this instance, because that would involve touching a surface that is very likely contaminated.  ;)

Reading between the lines I suspect you're guilty of the same or similar act Recusant, maybe not a bag of chips, hopefully not a public restroom. I mean you could argue that you were at home, in your own bathroom, and simply didn't want to share that bucket of fried chicken with your family, but I'm just not buying it, no sir. ;D ;D
8)

If he was rushed for time, I'm sure he could have ate some chips on the way back to his office or simply stopped for a quick moment in the lobby, butt you can't rationalize something like this. (I'm somewhat of a germ-a-phobe, so I'm sure I take this to a whole other level than most folks.

I think maybe you could rationalize this in a prison, but that's about it...maybe a convent, I mean you know how nuns are.
"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

Arturo

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on February 01, 2017, 09:00:08 PM
:lol:

Bruno- What flavor were the chips? Salt and vinegar? Cheddar Cheese? Sour Cream and Onion?
It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: Apathy on February 01, 2017, 09:05:54 PM

Bruno- What flavor were the chips? Salt and vinegar? Cheddar Cheese? Sour Cream and Onion?

Black bag, with a picture on the front of what looked like a reddish sauce or something in a bowl, I'm thinking barbecue maybe?

Dave

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 01, 2017, 09:13:07 PM

Black bag, with a picture on the front of what looked like a reddish sauce or something in a bowl, I'm thinking barbecue maybe?

Sweet chilli?

(My favourite)
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Recusant

Quote from: Father Bruno on February 01, 2017, 09:02:38 PMReading between the lines I suspect you're guilty of the same or similar act Recusant . . .

:lol: Not that I recall, no, but I wouldn't put it past me.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Gloucester on February 01, 2017, 09:24:40 PM
Quote from: Father Bruno on February 01, 2017, 09:13:07 PM

Sweet chilli?

(My favourite)

Whatever it was, it was probably his favourite if he couldn't wait to leave the contaminated area to eat it.

Maybe he thought that germ theory "is just a theory". :notsure: There's no shortage of weird people in the world...

Icarus

Way back in the olden times there were deathly epidemics of serious proportions. What we learned from that pandemic era  was: never eat where you shit. or visa versa.

Bad Penny II

The door was ajar and he had an American mid size packet of chips,
(which when emptied can serve 1-2 as emergency accommodation)
He was expecting company, somewhere there's a post of a thwarted.
Take my advice, don't listen to me.

Dave

Quote from: Icarus on February 02, 2017, 03:25:12 AM
Way back in the olden times there were deathly epidemics of serious proportions. What we learned from that pandemic era  was: never eat where you shit. or visa versa.

You are effectively immune to most of the bugs in your own, fresh shit - unless you have a gut infection anyway! Other people may have a different zoo inside and so you are a potential danger to them. Babies are sometimes fed a tiny amount of their mother's poo to get their own intestinal zoo started properly. There are actually  "poo banks"  for "re-seeding" the guts of people who have lost their own (due to medication or procedures) and have no close relatives.

I am sure you did not want to know all that!   :devil:

Apochryphal story: they decided to do Grannie a favour, install a downstairs inside loo in her house so she didn't have to venture outside to the one in the yard. Grannie was apalled at the idea, "What! Put one of those filthy things indoors, where I cook and sleep? No thank you very much!"
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

xSilverPhinx

:puke:  I would rather not be aware of the thriving ecosystem that I am.

Biggus Dickus

I just returned from vacation abroad and I while gone I realized one thing that I feel is very important or at least I personally feel is important and needs to be noted or written down; I'm equally surprised I never thought of or noticed this before.

The whistle of the teapot speaks all languages does it not? I was sitting one afternoon with a family member of my wife in Honduras, and we had decided to have tea together outside in the garden while we were waiting for others to join us.

We had been to a lovely market the day before, and I picked up some Marrakesh Mint Green Tea along with some local raw honey.

When the tea kettle started to whistle I commented how relaxing and even sentimental the sound made me feel. From the early bustle of the pot as the water comes to boil and then on to the early wisps of the whistle itself until it reaches full sound, and then of course the short spats of the whistle as it is removed from the heat source to a cold burner.

I close my eyes and I'm a young boy at home running into our kitchen turning off the kettle for my mother, or if I close my eyes even harder I'm an even younger boy sitting at the kitchen table of my grandparents home, anxiously awaiting my tea and cookies from my Nana.

My tea partner this afternoon made a similar comment about how she also loved the sound of the kettle whistle, and found it equally relaxing. The tea kettle she said was a reminder of the importance of slowing down each day if just enough to take a break and relax for a short time and enjoy the present.

We made our tea, and sat together drinking it in comfortable silence while enjoying the garden view, the chatter of birds, the play of dogs and I'm sure the comforting memories of our lives.

I alway's like this quote about tea.

It snowed last year too: I made a snowman and my brother knocked it down and I knocked my brother down and then we had tea."
― Dylan Thomas, A Child's Christmas in Wales

Magdalena

It's good to "see" you again, Father Bruno:hug:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

hermes2015

Quote from: Father Bruno on April 19, 2017, 03:57:24 PM
We made our tea, and sat together drinking it in comfortable silence while enjoying the garden view, the chatter of birds, the play of dogs and I'm sure the comforting memories of our lives.

That is so impressionistically evocative - quite beautiful. It brought to mind Eartha Kitt singing Lazy Afternoon.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames