News:

When one conveys certain things, particularly of such gravity, should one not then appropriately cite sources, authorities...

Main Menu

The Identity in Question

Started by Tank, June 28, 2016, 06:10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Dave

Ah, we are all human at the root of it.

Though I admit patriotism digs me in the ribs occasionaly.

In Britain we have just about every European genetic admix in our population - plus African, Asian . . .

We should be most cosmopolitan bunch going!

Later: suppose America might be at least as much of a mixture with slightly different proportions.
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Icarus

We are indeed a mixed bag Gloucester. We used to be proud of our welcoming acceptance of all sorts of different immigrants. Not so much anymore. Somewhere around our Statue of Liberty (help me out here you who know the exact text) are the words; Send me your downtrodden. As a matter of fact we have prospered mightily by accepting immigrants who helped us become the most powerful and productive nation in the history of the world. Alas, we appear to be on the decline.

Right now we are supremely fucked up and almost none of the people who came here from other nations are responsible for our decline.
( I make an exception to that remark for Ted Cruz)