News:

The default theme for this site has been updated. For further information, please take a look at the announcement regarding HAF changing its default theme.

Main Menu

Gloucester's chat thread

Started by Dave, June 24, 2016, 08:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ali

Hi and welcome! I hope you will enjoy posting here.

Dave

Quote from: Ali on June 27, 2016, 08:54:21 PM
Hi and welcome! I hope you will enjoy posting here.
Thanks, Ali, have done so far  :D
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Magdalena

Oh, my dear, Gloucester, I almost forgot... :smileshake:

Quote from: Icarus on June 26, 2016, 06:50:35 PM
Welcome to the party (Dave) Gloucester.  A bunch us have similar interests. There are some senior citizens here, including me, the most senior of the lot. (Unless Madam Butterfly Magdalena is lying about her age  ;D

:grin:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Magdalena link=topic=14522.msg333818#msg333818
img width=236 height=236]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/62/54/14/625414eed17e787053b6b535313f979a.jpg[/img]
My mother was an admitted manipulative bitch. On the flip side, I'm glad that kind of honesty exists.

EDIT: I have tried to show this picture even trough my Photobucket (in preview, in case that has anything to do with anything). Strange things are happening. I think I broke the forum.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware that a certain "[img width=236 height=236" has appeared in the mix. It showed in the quote. The strange thing is that I deleted it from both image sources, yet it reappeared. ISYN, there are ghosts in the machine.

Dave

Recusant

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 28, 2016, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: Magdalena on June 28, 2016, 04:49:04 AM

My mother was an admitted manipulative bitch. On the flip side, I'm glad that kind of honesty exists.

EDIT: I have tried to show this picture even trough my Photobucket (in preview, in case that has anything to do with anything). Strange things are happening. I think I broke the forum.

EDIT: Yes, I'm aware that a certain "[img width=236 height=236" has appeared in the mix. It showed in the quote. The strange thing is that I deleted it from both image sources, yet it reappeared. ISYN, there are ghosts in the machine.

As far as I can tell, all that happened is that the quote tag format got altered a bit. I pasted in a fresh quote tag for Magdalena's post in my quote above and it seems fine.
"Religion is fundamentally opposed to everything I hold in veneration — courage, clear thinking, honesty, fairness, and above all, love of the truth."
— H. L. Mencken

gentle_dissident

Quote from: Recusant on June 28, 2016, 03:27:40 PMI pasted in a fresh quote tag for Magdalena's post in my quote above and it seems fine.
I did that too. It's so weird to me when programs do things beyond their programming. I like to think we're looking at the dawn of digital intelligence.

Dave

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 28, 2016, 05:23:55 PM
Quote from: Recusant on June 28, 2016, 03:27:40 PMI pasted in a fresh quote tag for Magdalena's post in my quote above and it seems fine.
I did that too. It's so weird to me when programs do things beyond their programming. I like to think we're looking at the dawn of digital intelligence.
Problem is it is the same kind of inteligence that our politicians display...

We're doomed I tell you, doomed!

;)

Magdalena

Quote from: gentle_dissident on June 28, 2016, 06:47:00 AM
Quote from: Magdalena link=topic=14522.msg333818#msg333818
img width=236 height=236]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/62/54/14/625414eed17e787053b6b535313f979a.jpg[/img]
ISYN, there are ghosts in the machine.

To those of you who want to burn me at the stake...but haven't found enough evidence...
My attorney has asked me to read the following statement: "I can neither confirm nor deny that I had something to do with this—thank you."

Gloucester, gentle_dissent, I know you don't know what I'm talking about, and I would like to keep it that way.  :shifty:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Ecurb Noselrub

Magdalena is a witch. 

She turned me into a newt.

I got better.

Magdalena

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 29, 2016, 04:25:12 AM
Magdalena is a witch. 

She turned me into a newt.

I got better.

Ecurb Noselrub  >:(!
Not right now!  >:(
We have visitors!  >:(

;D

Magdalena

...So...Gloucester...

After being here for one month and eleven days, what do you think about this place? It's a rollercoaster ride, isn't it?
We have atheists, a witch, a god, conservatives, people who don't fall under any category, like, Ecurb Noselrub/ our resident newt, and Pahu. Etc., etc., etc.

Dave

Feels strange ro be bumped!  :D

Yup, an eclectic bunch that just goes to show that some ties are not always easily definable!

But, perhaps independence of thought is a common factor?

Anyway, feels like a club where I fit, never did want to be mainstream.

Thanks for having me, guys!

:thumbsup:

Tank

If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Magdalena

I agree with Tank, it's great to have you here, Gloucester:thumbsup:
If you're happy, I, we, are happy.  :)