News:

if there were no need for 'engineers from the quantum plenum' then we should not have any unanswered scientific questions.

Main Menu

Gloucester's chat thread

Started by Dave, June 24, 2016, 08:33:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dave

Bloody quiet on HAF today!

Oops, sorry, did I wake anyone?
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

Dragonia

It's been quiet for a couple days.... I've been trying to get all crazy and creative with the "row/roe" photo challenge, but having no luck. Still thinking...... :query: :headscratch: :thoughtful: :chin:
Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle. ~ Plato (?)

hermes2015

Quote from: Dragonia on April 13, 2017, 01:41:42 PM
It's been quiet for a couple days.... I've been trying to get all crazy and creative with the "row/roe" photo challenge, but having no luck. Still thinking...... :query: :headscratch: :thoughtful: :chin:

Yes, me too. I seem to have hit a brick wall. This is very frustrating.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Dave

Quote from: hermes2015 on April 13, 2017, 02:05:04 PM

Ah, a walk round Gloucester (with a bit of luck thrown in) and a sudden inspiration at tea time solved that for me!
Tomorrow is precious, don't ruin it by fouling up today.
Passed Monday 10th Dec 2018 age 74

hermes2015

Quote from: Gloucester on April 13, 2017, 03:03:07 PM
Quote from: hermes2015 on April 13, 2017, 02:05:04 PM

Ah, a walk round Gloucester (with a bit of luck thrown in) and a sudden inspiration at tea time solved that for me!

I am green with envy. I shall book a flight to Gloucester tomorrow.
"Eventually everything connects - people, ideas, objects. The quality of the connections is the key to quality per se."
― Charles Eames

Magdalena

It's been a while...

We should have a few Hors d'oeuvres,

Something to drink,

We could watch:
The Asmo vs. Davin (season 83)

Anyone?

OR...or...
We could just dance?  :smilenod:

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

Arturo

It's Okay To Say You're Welcome
     Just let people be themselves.
     Arturo The1  リ壱

Magdalena

"I've had several "spiritual" or numinous experiences over the years, but never felt that they were the product of anything but the workings of my own mind in reaction to the universe." ~Recusant

xSilverPhinx

I'll just chomp on my Jesus who, according to the Pope, is not gluten-free. I have no problem with that.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/10/536466553/gluten-free-host-a-no-go-says-pope
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Magdalena

hermes2015

― Charles Eames

Davin

Always question all authorities because the authority you don't question is the most dangerous... except me, never question me.

Biggus Dickus

Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 31, 2017, 01:45:16 AM
I'll just chomp on my Jesus who, according to the Pope, is not gluten-free. I have no problem with that.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2017/07/10/536466553/gluten-free-host-a-no-go-says-pope

I think this is both funny, and so utterly ridiculously typical of religious people.  Basically the Catholics believe in the whole transubstantiation thing, whereas when the bread and wine are consecrated by a priest a change takes place and the whole substance of both the bread and wine are transformed (Original Transformers?) into the "actual flesh and blood of Jesus" even though both the bread and wine retain the appearance, odor and taste of both the bread and wine. This is part of the Church's Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist and partaking is considered the most important and highest form of prayer within the church, and a central Dogma to Catholicism itself.

However, now the church is saying this transformational scientific (Fucking Magical) process can't take place without trace amounts of gluten being present in the wafer? Is the absent of gluten Jesus's achilles heal? If I wear a gluten free wafer around my neck will it have the same affect on Jesus as garlic does to Dracula?

Fucking Catholics. ::)

"Some people just need a high-five. In the face. With a chair."

xSilverPhinx

Quote from: Father Bruno on August 01, 2017, 03:16:20 PM
Quote from: xSilverPhinx on July 31, 2017, 01:45:16 AM

I think this is both funny, and so utterly ridiculously typical of religious people.  Basically the Catholics believe in the whole transubstantiation thing, whereas when the bread and wine are consecrated by a priest a change takes place and the whole substance of both the bread and wine are transformed (Original Transformers?) into the "actual flesh and blood of Jesus" even though both the bread and wine retain the appearance, odor and taste of both the bread and wine. This is part of the Church's Sacrament of the Holy Eucharist and partaking is considered the most important and highest form of prayer within the church, and a central Dogma to Catholicism itself.

However, now the church is saying this transformational scientific (Fucking Magical) process can't take place without trace amounts of gluten being present in the wafer? Is the absent of gluten Jesus's achilles heal? If I wear a gluten free wafer around my neck will it have the same affect on Jesus as garlic does to Dracula?

:lol:

I think the best thing about it all is that if Jesus is not gluten-free then that means that some people are allergic to Jesus. It certainly doesn't help with the perfect picture his followers paint of him.

QuoteFucking Catholics. ::)

I'm surrounded by them.  ::) Argh.
I am what survives if it's slain - Zack Hemsey