News:

Look, I haven't mentioned Zeus, Buddah, or some religion.

Main Menu

Gay Bar Massacre

Started by Icarus, June 13, 2016, 02:47:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Guardian85

Quote from: Asmodean on June 16, 2016, 06:53:04 AM
Quote from: Guardian85 on June 16, 2016, 12:55:12 AM

Not really that important a detail (but I am a gun nerd) but according to a Norwegian newspaper it was not an AR-15 but a Sig Sauer MCX carbine. This was in a way worse than an AR-15 since it comes with a folding stock making it easier to conceal.
It's an assault rifle. You are not going to conceal one of those wearing shorts and t-shirt with or without a folding stock. If, on the other hand, you wear one of them beduin tents some of them Muslim women have... you could hide a rocket launcher in that.   :P
A short-barrel carbine with a folded up stock would not be much longer than an SMG and would be relatively easy to conceal beneath a jacket.

"If scientist means 'not the dumbest motherfucker in the room,' I guess I'm a scientist, then."
-Unknown Smartass-

Ecurb Noselrub

Quote from: Icarus on June 13, 2016, 02:47:40 AM
In the early morning, at a gay bar in Orlando, a lunatic used an AR15 to slaughter 50 people. He also left more than 50 more seriously injured. 
Not really that important a detail (but I am a gun nerd) but according to a Norwegian newspaper it was not an AR-15 but a Sig Sauer MCX carbine. This was in a way worse than an AR-15 since it comes with a folding stock making it easier to conceal.

I don't know what to say about this that I haven't already said many times before. The shootings in the US just keep coming and coming and coming. When are people going to say enough? Why aren't more people pissed? :-\

And why can't people accept that not everyone shares their opinion, or faith, or sexual preference, or race.
Yes, I know. Tribalism. Indoctrination. Yadda, yadda, yadda.....

Fuck these intolerant, cowardly, weak-minded, limp-dicked, extremist cunts and everything they represent! >:(

The large majority of Americans would agree to greater restrictions on gun purchases and other forms of gun control, consistent with allowing sane, law-abiding people to keep their usual firearms.  But the majority GOP Congress is so enthralled to the NRA that it is difficult to get any reasonable regulations passed.  The election in November may change that, as it is possible that the GOP will lose the Senate and much of its majority in the House. I continue to think Hillary will win the White House, so maybe the Dems will have 2 out of 3 of the political institutions.

Tank

In the early morning, at a gay bar in Orlando, a lunatic used an AR15 to slaughter 50 people. He also left more than 50 more seriously injured. 

I don't know what to say about this that I haven't already said many times before. The shootings in the US just keep coming and coming and coming. When are people going to say enough? Why aren't more people pissed? :-\

And why can't people accept that not everyone shares their opinion, or faith, or sexual preference, or race.

Fuck these intolerant, cowardly, weak-minded, limp-dicked, extremist cunts and everything they represent! >:(
It's an assault rifle. You are not going to conceal one of those wearing shorts and t-shirt with or without a folding stock. If, on the other hand, you wear one of them beduin tents some of them Muslim women have... you could hide a rocket launcher in that.   :P
I just watched a video on facebook of a guy in jeans and a T shirt. He hid an AR-15 and 5 mags and a 9mm semi and 5 mags under the T shirt and in his jeans. That's at least 30*5 + 13*5 rounds (215). He changed the magazines and then held the weapons for the time it would take to empty the magazine. The video lasted less than 2 minutes.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.

Firebird

Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on June 16, 2016, 12:24:26 PM

The large majority of Americans would agree to greater restrictions on gun purchases and other forms of gun control, consistent with allowing sane, law-abiding people to keep their usual firearms.  But the majority GOP Congress is so enthralled to the NRA that it is difficult to get any reasonable regulations passed.  The election in November may change that, as it is possible that the GOP will lose the Senate and much of its majority in the House. I continue to think Hillary will win the White House, so maybe the Dems will have 2 out of 3 of the political institutions.

Not to mention at least one Supreme Court nomination, hopefully more.
"Great, replace one book about an abusive, needy asshole with another." - Will (moderator) on replacing hotel Bibles with "Fifty Shades of Grey"

Asmodean

Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2016, 12:41:06 PM

I just watched a video on facebook of a guy in jeans and a T shirt. He hid an AR-15 and 5 mags and a 9mm semi and 5 mags under the T shirt and in his jeans. That's at least 30*5 + 13*5 rounds (215). He changed the magazines and then held the weapons for the time it would take to empty the magazine. The video lasted less than 2 minutes.
Links, or it didn't happen  >:(

The Asmo wants to see it too. :( He likes that sort of stuff. :(
Quote from: Ecurb Noselrub on July 25, 2013, 08:18:52 PM
In Asmo's grey lump,
wrath and dark clouds gather force.
Luxembourg trembles.

Tank

Quote from: Asmodean on June 17, 2016, 09:36:46 AM
Quote from: Tank on June 16, 2016, 12:41:06 PM

Links, or it didn't happen  >:(

The Asmo wants to see it too. :( He likes that sort of stuff. :(
It's a fb video and I can't find it on youtube. If it comes up on my fb feed again I'll share it.
If religions were TV channels atheism is turning the TV off.
"Religion is a culture of faith; science is a culture of doubt." ― Richard P. Feynman
'It is said that your life flashes before your eyes just before you die. That is true, it's called Life.' - Terry Pratchett
Remember, your inability to grasp science is not a valid argument against it.